Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Let's play the New Lens Game! 
Occasionally has a life

HeatherKay wrote:
Quite. I spend a long time comparing, reading and dithering before I flex the credit card.

That Canon lens ... is a lot of money. About £200 more than the Sigma version I was looking at. Then again, it is OEM, as it were.
:mrgreen:

Likewise, I waste hours pouring over reviews and tests! All decisions are seriously informed!

It is, but I know it's a very good lens for the EF-S mount. A colleague has it on a 30D and 7D and loves it, it is fairly chunky though as with all 2.8s
http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-can ... s/p1012403

A good local deal will let you try them out, we have one in our town, I usually go in to compare for an hour on a body, but would never buy from them, prices way too high ;)

Thu May 05, 2011 9:14 am

isofa wrote:
A good local deal will let you try them out, we have one in our town, I usually go in to compare for an hour on a body, but would never buy from them, prices way too high ;)

That's good, but we don't have any local dealers of any worth round here. I discount Jessops completely in that regard, even if they stocked the items. Our nearest "proper" camera shop is a Jacobs in south London. :(

Thu May 05, 2011 9:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2