Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
500px 
What's a life?

Does anyone use it? Sounds interesting and a rival to Flikr...
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2011/10/12 ... le-flickr/

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:57 am
Profile ICQ

I have an account (search for Snaptophobic), but I don't give it the love it deserves. I need to upgrade to the "pro" account to really make it work for me.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:17 am

I have issues with it (or I did, I haven't checked recently). The biggest issue I had with the site (I do have an account there) is the 'embed' function. It seems to be actively encouraging the use of my copyrighted works to be used freely on other sites, without even asking my permission.
I understand what they are trying to do, but this feature also goes (or went) against 500px's terms and conditions.
When I signed up I actually read the T's and C's and while it stated I grant 500px the right to use my images on 500px.com for promotional purposes (I'm paraphrasing here, it's all from memory), encouraging users to embed my copyrighted photos on their own blogs/sites, is against 500px's own terms and conditions.
So yeah, while I have an account there, I don't use it - and won't use it - until/unless the terms and conditions change for the better.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I signed up yesterday. I dont post a lot online - maybe snaps on FB and the odd shot on Imageshack to show here. I do have a Flickr but put some seemingly random crap on there then stopped using it.

I think then I'm going to use 500px for the more serious/good/comp/project photo type stuff.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:23 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]