Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
It's all kicking off in Parliament Square 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Police officer 'stabbed at UK Parliament'
:shock:

So far sounds like a 4x4 has crashed (or been crashed) into a fence, a cop has been stabbed and someone has been shot by armed police.
A bit more lively than PMQ's normally gets, that's for sure.

Edit:
BBC Live link
People have been run down on Westminster bridge by the sounds of things as well.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:31 pm
What's a life?

Just heard a police press conference on the way home. Four people killed, including a policeman and at least one of the attackers - they're still looking in case there was more than one person in the car. Something like 20 people injured, including three French schoolchildren on a trip. Houses of Parliament are still on lockdown, there are MPs & staff effectively locked in their offices unable to get out of the section of Westminster they're in...

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:55 pm

just your average zionist false flag attack.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:59 pm
What's a life?

brataccas wrote:
just your average zionist false flag attack.

If you’re lucky, your local shop will still have some tin foil.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:13 pm

Sounds like you're happy living blind with your eyes wide open ;) as with (too) many others

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:11 pm
What's a life?

This has much more the fingerprint of 'lone nutter' than an organised attack. Someone nicks a car, tries to run down a load of pedestrians then decides to invade one of the most secure places in the UK armed with a knife? OK, he seems to have wrought some severe destruction and ruined a lot of lives but it doesn't really scream detailed terrorist plot, does it? Under any particular flag, false or otherwise.

The police are treating it as a terrorist incident because that's the smart thing to do, but it very much looks to me more like the actions of a single disturbed individual. No guns, no explosives - not even a home made suicide vest - and no apparent plan beyond the rudimentary.

If he was a terrorist, he was a rubbish one. If he was someone pretending to be a terrorist, he was a pretending to be a rubbish one. And I'm not sure anybody would be willing to pretend to be a terrorist to the point where they got fatally shot.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:27 pm

jonbwfc wrote:
This has much more the fingerprint of 'lone nutter' than an organised attack. Someone nicks a car, tries to run down a load of pedestrians then decides to invade one of the most secure places in the UK armed with a knife? OK, he seems to have wrought some severe destruction and ruined a lot of lives but it doesn't really scream detailed terrorist plot, does it? Under any particular flag, false or otherwise.

The police are treating it as a terrorist incident because that's the smart thing to do, but it very much looks to me more like the actions of a single disturbed individual. No guns, no explosives - not even a home made suicide vest - and no apparent plan beyond the rudimentary.

If he was a terrorist, he was a rubbish one. If he was someone pretending to be a terrorist, he was a pretending to be a rubbish one. And I'm not sure anybody would be willing to pretend to be a terrorist to the point where they got fatally shot.

The thing is this is one of the new faces of terrorism

The security services are getting increasingly good at foiling major plots (if you believe some of the things they say)

That leaves the terrorist the lone wolf scenario – very had to stop (you cant ban all cars!) and while it does not kill a huge number its enough especially if you can get enough nutters to do it

What you are wanting to do is to disrupt society

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:29 am
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
These nutters seems to forget that even current Londeners have faces much worse. The destruction of IRA bombs in the 90's was much much greater.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

hifidelity2 wrote:
What you are wanting to do is to disrupt society

I absolutely agree. Terrorism (of all sorts) basically has two aims - 1) to make the people being terrorised change their behaviour / opinions and 2) To inspire others to perform the same sort of acts.

A nutjob running people down then bringing a knife to a gunfight (as I saw it described today) may possibly do 2, but it has absolutely no chance of doing 1. To do that requires you to actually disrupt something which is essential to society or at least to a city for a period of time. So the Barcelona train bomb and the London Underground bombings were much more likely to achieve that, or for example the terrorist attack on Delhi a while a go. But to do that requires organisation, planning, equipment.. it essentially becomes a military operation.

if you end up with a spate of lone nutters it can cause a lot of harm and distress, but it by definition can't actually change anything. why? Because, as you say, there's nothing you can do about them. You can't ban cars. You can't ban knives. You can't make all public places secure. So when there's no change that will be effective to stop it, there ends up being no change. Such attacks are essentially futile because as much as they might think they will make people afraid and make them change their ways, most people's actual reaction is 'we can't actually stop them, so sod it, carry on as normal'.

They will always fail in their fundamental goal (provided that goal is rational, anyway) because they provide no option to the people they subject them to. You can't force someone to do something which is impossible.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:33 pm
Official forum cat lady

I've been pretty shocked by what some people have been posting on social media.

Last night one guy said 'this is proof that I can't trust any of them' meaning Muslims and one of his mates has said I'm 'standing in their way' for saying I have Muslim friends and will always see the good in people. It is truly disturbing how much hate is out there :cry:

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:59 am
Spends far too much time on here

oceanicitl wrote:

Last night one guy said 'this is proof that I can't trust any of them' meaning Muslims and one of his mates has said I'm 'standing in their way' for saying I have Muslim friends and will always see the good in people. It is truly disturbing how much hate is out there :cry:

you have seen nothing yet on or from both sides ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:31 am
What's a life?

oceanicitl wrote:

50% of people are stupider than average.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:55 am
Official forum cat lady

jonbwfc wrote:
oceanicitl wrote:

50% of people are stupider than average.

I'd say it was higher than that lol

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:10 pm

oceanicitl wrote:

hes tarnished radical muslims with the same brush as normal ones, very ignorant of him

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:36 pm
Spends far too much time on here

Quote:
Terrorism charge over Antwerp 'attack'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39380527

Quote:
Terror fears in Lille as 'many wounded'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... d-10094869

and on it goes and goes and goes.
hardening up yet ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next