Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Cambridge Analytica: Warrant sought to inspect company 
Author Message
What's a life?
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:21 am
Posts: 12616
Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Reply with quote
Stupid isn't it.

_________________
pcernie wrote:
'I'm going to snort this off your arse - for the benefit of government statistics, of course.'


Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:38 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 12175
Reply with quote
Facebook to give warnings later today about whether your data is been hoovered up by this lot.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43698733

_________________
All the best,
Paul
brataccas wrote:
your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation


Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:04 pm
Profile
What's a life?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:25 pm
Posts: 10532
Location: Bramsche
Reply with quote
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/04/0 ... harvester/

And they have suspended CubeYou for the same sort of data vacuuming as CA.

And (I only have a German link), but Zuck and other execs can delete their messages from chat or other people's inboxes. Looks like they will provide this ability to anyone. They claim it was introduced to protect executives after the massive Sony hack a few years ago.
https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung ... 12858.html (GERMAN LANGUAGE)

_________________
"Do you know what this is? Hmm? No, I can see you do not. You have that vacant look in your eyes, which says hold my head to your ear, you will hear the sea!" - Londo Molari

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246


Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:24 pm
Profile ICQ
What's a life?
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:21 am
Posts: 12616
Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Reply with quote
What annoys me is they can get the data from friends.
I don't have the Facebook app, and I haven't given Facebook my phone number (on their website). But all it takes is for one friend to install the app and it'll search through their phone contacts, get my name and number, then it can link that to me through matching their friend list to their phone book.
There's nothing I can do to stop that.

_________________
pcernie wrote:
'I'm going to snort this off your arse - for the benefit of government statistics, of course.'


Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 12175
Reply with quote
l3v1ck wrote:
What annoys me is they can get the data from friends.
I don't have the Facebook app, and I haven't given Facebook my phone number (on their website). But all it takes is for one friend to install the app and it'll search through their phone contacts, get my name and number, then it can link that to me through matching their friend list to their phone book.
There's nothing I can do to stop that.


Yeah. I’m well aware of that, and it’s something I have never done with FaceBook - even though every ow and then it reminds me to do it. Another related problem is that you can’t revoke that permission and remove data that was not obtained through direct input into FB by the data subjects.

This new data protection legislation that]s turning up soon should allow you to be a bit more forceful about having any or all of your data removed. That said, all it takes is for someone else to add you again afterwards....

_________________
All the best,
Paul
brataccas wrote:
your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation


Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:19 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.