Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
President Trump 
What's a life?

True True, she's been polite to some utter bastards in her time. Some of them were even foreign.

In other news...
Trump's voter fraud expert registered to vote in 3 states

In think they may have to change the American national anthem to this.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:16 am
Spends far too much time on here

jonbwfc wrote:
True True, she's been polite to some utter bastards in her time. Some of them were even foreign.

In other news...

gawd bless her Majesty she does a difficult job in turbulent times.

voter fraud in certain areas of the UK, proven in court, is something that needs to be looked at in the UK.
i was not in favour of ID cards but i am now. registered ID cards with finger print, iris scan and DNA and any other required details.

no registered ID card no vote or any access to any other publicly funded service such as the NHS ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:41 am
What's a life?

MrStevenRogers wrote:
not the whole world. by the way how are AfD progressing ...

Germans here are saying that Trump is the new leader of the AfD (Alternative für Deppen - Alternative for Idiots).

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:18 pm
Profile ICQ
Official forum cat lady

MrStevenRogers wrote:
jonbwfc wrote:

In other news...

voter fraud in certain areas of the UK, proven in court, is something that needs to be looked at in the UK.
i was not in favour of ID cards but i am now. registered ID cards with finger print, iris scan and DNA and any other required details.

no registered ID card no vote or any access to any other publicly funded service such as the NHS ...

DNA and iris? Really? :roll:

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:19 pm

oceanicitl wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:
jonbwfc wrote:

In other news...

DNA and iris? Really? :roll:

yes, along with any other requirements that are needed to prove the ID of the individual. if you do not have a registered ID card no access to any public services of any kind.
but you need a massive majority Govt. to put this in place. that is coming shortly ...

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:09 pm
Official forum cat lady

MrStevenRogers wrote:
yes, along with any other requirements that are needed to prove the ID of the individual. if you do not have a registered ID card no access to any public services of any kind. but you need a massive majority Govt. to put this in place. that is coming shortly ...

I think rather a lot of money would be required too. And who would pay for it all?

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:31 pm

oceanicitl wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:
yes, along with any other requirements that are needed to prove the ID of the individual. if you do not have a registered ID card no access to any public services of any kind. but you need a massive majority Govt. to put this in place. that is coming shortly ...

I think rather a lot of money would be required too. And who would pay for it all?

overseas aid money, HS2 money, £500 a card money. i dont care about the costs only the results ...

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:38 pm
What's a life?

For someone so enraged about all the money we send to the EU, Steve does seem very keen for us to spend huge gobs of it on other things that will do us equally little good.

Biometric ID systems are generally very expensive and don't live up to their billing in terms of accuracy and speed of result. So they'd be a pain int he arse to use for a population the size of the UK's. Plus even if we have post-Brexit level immigration controls, you're talking about hiring a large number of civil servants to handle and process all the issuing of new IDs and dealing with changes of name through marriage or divorce, incorrect data, recall of cards upon death etc. That's if you want to do it locally, which is of course what our current administration won't do. They'll outsource the whole thing to an American company who, given they no longer operate under the EU data protection regulations, would ship the data off to where-ever in the world is cheapest to host it. Which right now is India, which has a long record of colander-esque data security. While also thereby giving full access to the US authorities and therefore probably quite soon the Russian authorities too.

So give it, I dunno, six months from the scheme being in operation and you'll be able to buy the full IDs of British citizens on the streets of Leningrad or Mumbai for a dollar a thousand.

All this is without even considering the UK government's traditional competence at gigantic IT systems, which means if it arrived at all it would be at multiples of the predicted cost and years behind schedule.

Successive UK governments have looked at ID cards and decided they weren't workable. Some times they even get as far as a trial; one happened a few years ago In Manchester and a friend of mine still has his ID card from it. Pretty much nobody accepted it then, let alone now. Every single time, the conclusion has been that it would be an utter debacle and simply not worth wasting money doing.

This is all a separate issue to voting fraud, which we have seen some examples of recently in the UK but which historically have been relatively rare. There's no doubt we could tighten up our voting regulations some - particularly around postal votes - and possibly should investigate electronic voting systems, but biometric ID cards are gold plated, rubber handled, nitroglycerine filled sledgehammer to crack that particular walnut.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:57 pm

jonbwfc wrote:
For someone so enraged about all the money we send to the EU, Steve does seem very keen for us to spend huge gobs of it on other things that will do us equally little good.

Biometric ID systems are generally very expensive and don't live up to their billing in terms of accuracy and speed of result. So they'd be a pain int he arse to use for a population the size of the UK's. Plus even if we have post-Brexit level immigration controls, you're talking about hiring a large number of civil servants to handle and process all the issuing of new IDs and dealing with changes of name through marriage or divorce, incorrect data, recall of cards upon death etc. That's if you want to do it locally, which is of course what our current administration won't do. They'll outsource the whole thing to an American company who, given they no longer operate under the EU data protection regulations, would ship the data off to where-ever in the world is cheapest to host it. Which right now is India, which has a long record of colander-esque data security. While also thereby giving full access to the US authorities and therefore probably quite soon the Russian authorities too.

So give it, I dunno, six months from the scheme being in operation and you'll be able to buy the full IDs of British citizens on the streets of Leningrad or Mumbai for a dollar a thousand.

All this is without even considering the UK government's traditional competence at gigantic IT systems, which means if it arrived at all it would be at multiples of the predicted cost and years behind schedule.

Successive UK governments have looked at ID cards and decided they weren't workable. Some times they even get as far as a trial; one happened a few years ago In Manchester and a friend of mine still has his ID card from it. Pretty much nobody accepted it then, let alone now. Every single time, the conclusion has been that it would be an utter debacle and simply not worth wasting money doing.

i would spend huge gobs of our money on the UK and not be wasted overseas. i would place it on social care, elderly care and services which we the tax payer pay for. but only in the UK and proof must be provided for you to have any entitlement to that by registered ID. any one travelling to the UK must have at the very least medical insurance or no entry to the UK for any reason. thats just the start. but it will require a massive majority Govt. to put this in place. as stated i believe that will be coming shortly ...

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:11 pm

big_D wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:

Germans here are saying that Trump is the new leader of the AfD (Alternative für Deppen - Alternative for Idiots).

your statement heartens me as i believe at the elections in Germany soon to be held will ensure the mice from the - - -
i will let you fill in the blanks ...

Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:35 am
What's a life?

MrStevenRogers wrote:
big_D wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:

your statement heartens me as i believe at the elections in Germany soon to be held will ensure the mice from the - - -
i will let you fill in the blanks ...

A reference to Art Spiegelman’s Maus perchance?

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:19 am
Official forum cat lady

Trump Polls: Approval Rating Remains Low, but Almost Half of Americans Support Travel Ban

Worrying :?

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:55 pm
What's a life?

As the famous quote goes, 50% of any population is dumber than average.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:27 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I'm surprised it's not higher to be honest. Given how many 'Murican's don't have a passport and the generally even more hysterical news coverage they get compared to here about the threat from radical Islam and all those other nasty foreigners it's hardly a surprise a significant number would welcome banning people from coming into the country.
Just don't ask how many would be in favour of rounding people up and putting them in internment camps.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:12 pm
Legend

Public figures call for biggest ever UK protest to oppose Trump visit | US news | The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... rump-visit

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next