Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Twitter will not ban InfoWars conspiracy theorist Alex Jones 
What's a life?

Quote:
The CEO of Twitter says it will not ban InfoWars or its founder Alex Jones because their accounts do not violate the social media platform's rules.

A number of tech giants, including YouTube and Facebook, deleted the conspiracy theorist's content this week, citing hate speech.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45107687

He’s been banned from other platforms, with a lot of Free Speech pundits wringing their hands on various programmes and getting all upset about censorship.

Freedom of speech means you don’t get normally arrested for expressing your views (however, T&Cs apply - most countries have some limits, but this is the USA with their amendments...). What Freedom of Speech does not guarantee you is a platform or an audience. Unless the state runs a social media type thing, you’re in the hands of privately run companies and they can set their own rules for conduct, etc.. Ultimately it’s their T&Cs which you agreed to that apply.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:47 am
What's a life?

Exactly. You have the freedom, in the USA, to say pretty much what you want. But nobody can be forced (with a few exceptions) to publish it or to listen to / read it.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:08 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]