Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Nine Inch Nails vs. Apple 
What's a life?

Trent Reznor is not happy about having his latest f***ing update to his f***ing app banned from the ******* Apple Store!

iTunes sells his music with swear words in, but his app gets rejected... :?

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2009/05/05 ... ors-wrath/

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Tue May 05, 2009 3:30 pm
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

Understandably so. The app doesn't contain any profanity, but much like Safari, or Mail, allows the user access to a sweary word!
Oh noes!

Charlie Brooker wrote:
Windows works for me. But I'd never recommend it to anybody else, ever.

Tue May 05, 2009 3:32 pm
What's a life?

Yeah. The app repository of the iTunes AppStore apes (and in some ways improves) the way Linux has been downloading apps for a decade, but the draconian controls that Apple place on the process mean that it isn't very flexible and a lot of developers get kicked in the face! (Linux distros allow you to add third party app directories into their "App Store".)

Throw in the failure to pay the developers for sales as well and Apple are taking the Michael... :?

If they are going to ban applications, then they should require a concept submission, so that the app can be banned before the effort is put into developing it!

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed May 06, 2009 7:05 am
Profile ICQ
Doesn't have much of a life

All sorted out now.

Clicky

Someone will have had their butt kicked.

:lol:

Sun May 10, 2009 10:46 am
Legend

Never really took to NIN (I'll give them another go on Spotify if they're there actually), but you have to love Reznor :lol:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun May 10, 2009 10:53 am
Occasionally has a life

and apple have reversed their decision...

linky

Mon May 11, 2009 3:19 pm
Spends far too much time on here

pcernie wrote:
Never really took to NIN (I'll give them another go on Spotify if they're there actually), but you have to love Reznor :lol:

Got to give it to him, the guy actually understands you can't stop piracy and have to adapt in the digital age (making the album free etc)

They still make most of their money from tours etc and aren't exactly living on the breadline....

Mon May 11, 2009 10:35 pm
Legend

finlay666 wrote:
pcernie wrote:

Got to give it to him, the guy actually understands you can't stop piracy and have to adapt in the digital age (making the album free etc)

They still make most of their money from tours etc and aren't exactly living on the breadline....

Yip, a 43yo musician who isn't content to just bitch from the sidelines and/or take the record companies' crap - and I'm glad to say, that seems to be happening more and more these days :D

The music industry has been kind of doing what our government has for years now - promoting lowest common denominator stuff without substance that just breeds indifference :roll:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Tue May 12, 2009 10:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]