Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Tiscali bought out by TalkTalk 
Spends far too much time on here

as you may have heard, Tiscali have been in deep financial doodoo for the last few months. well, they have been bought by carphone warehouse, who plan on integrating the two networks.

samknows clicky

hopefully this means an end to bum-slow netty for me. talktalk apparently have almost 80% of their customers on LLU, so im hoping its only a matter of time till they hit ours :)

Sat May 09, 2009 4:50 pm
Has a life

This finally signals an end to my current ISP. Freedom2surf was a wonderful company to deal with initially, they were still Ok when bought over by Pipex, became less than OK when Pipex was bought over by Tiscali. Now that Carphone Warehouse has bought Tiscali I'm off to O2, the least amount of money Carphone Warehouse makes the better....imho.

Sun May 10, 2009 9:29 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I'm with F2S and today it's been very erratic. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come, because I'm completely sick of my ISPs going down the toilet! This would be number 3!

When you're feeling too silly for x404, youRwired.net

Mon May 11, 2009 12:20 am
Profile WWW

AFAIK CPWH are planning to keep all of tiscalis subsidiaries functional, such as F2S, pipex, and nildram.

this is good news for all those who are happy with thier current netty connection, but bad for all those who are using tiscalis financial poo-up as leverage to make thier parents splash out on a faster connection :cry:

Mon May 11, 2009 10:57 am
Occasionally has a life

we just went with tiscali's full package, i must admit now they are owned by CPW, i want to change to be*
i wouldnt mind staying with them but my net is crappy and they have a 40gb download limit, i prefered tiscali's unlimited download, but i dont know, i wonder if they will allow people with tiscali contracts to leave without having to pay the rest of the contract.

Mon May 11, 2009 2:38 pm

bubbles wrote:
we just went with tiscali's full package, i must admit now they are owned by CPW, i want to change to be*
i wouldnt mind staying with them but my net is crappy and they have a 40gb download limit, i prefered tiscali's unlimited download, but i dont know, i wonder if they will allow people with tiscali contracts to leave without having to pay the rest of the contract.

AFAIK they arent making any changes yet, so it may be that Tiscali is kept separate from TalkTalk (except for equipment, hopefully), and customers retain their old price plans. either way id imagine they will offer free migration from tiscali, for customers who arent happy with TalkTalk.

maybe, all we can do is speculate until they release official info, and im not going to do anything myself until they do :)

Mon May 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Received this today:

Quote:
Dear Customer

We are pleased to inform you that on Friday 8th May, Tiscali Group reached an agreement with TalkTalk (the wholly owned subsidiary of Carphone Warehouse Group PLC) for the sale of Tiscali's UK operations (this includes the brands Pipex, Nildram and Freedom2Surf) to TalkTalk. The agreement is expected to complete in the next few weeks.

We are delighted to become part of the TalkTalk Group, all Tiscali customers will increasingly benefit from an innovative business that has consistently championed best value and award winning customer service.

We would like to re-assure you that all your services and products continue as normal and without interruption and importantly the continuation of your existing email addresses.

To find out more information and to answer any of your questions please go to www.talktalk.co.uk/tiscali/

When you're feeling too silly for x404, youRwired.net

Mon May 11, 2009 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Doesn't have much of a life

bubbles wrote:

What the hell?!?!?!

*Goes to find another broadband company*

Mon May 11, 2009 7:51 pm
Has a life

I can't see how things could get much worse than having to put up with Tiscali's traffic shaping & (lack of) customer service

Except for one big fat fly in the ointment - Haven't CPW be in talks with Phorm? :evil:

That's one big change in T&C which will need clarification - I'm certainly not having that spyware placed on my Internet connection

Looks like it may be time to start changing ISP - again

Keeping my Dennis level, though ;)

Tue May 12, 2009 5:58 pm
Profile WWW

I'm glad I chose to go back with BT and not Tiscali! :shock:

Wed May 13, 2009 12:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]