Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Call to 'disconnect file-sharers' 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Well if people are prepared to watch crap-quality filmed versions (and God only knows why, I'd rather pay the £6 and get the proper experience personally) then what can you do? You can't force people to have standards. I do however, still believe that it's up to film studios and the cinemas to protect the product, instead of relying on the Criminal Law to do it for them.

Thu May 14, 2009 9:24 am

I give everyone these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on arrest me Im a file sharer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amnesia10 wrote:
Yes but the opportunity to legally kill someone with a giant dildo does not happen every day.

Finally joined Flickr

Thu May 14, 2009 10:34 am
Spends far too much time on here

Linux_User wrote:
What really narks me is this - why should I bother paying for a product that is riddled with DRM (be it music, films or games) when I can get a DRM-free version for nada? If I buy music, I want to be able to have it on my PC, my MP4 player, my phone, my PS3 and as many other of my devices as I see fit. If the official version won't let me do this, I'll get an unofficial version that can.

I have bought loads of DRM free music from Amazon and Play, I have it on my computer, mp3 player and phone, and I like it even more because I can buy just one track, rather than shelling out for an entire album on which I like maybe 1 or 2 songs. I've picked up some pretty old random music this way and the range is pretty good (IMO.)

This above all: To Thine Own Self Be True

"Red sky at night, Shepherds Delight"..Which is a bit like Shepherds Pie, but with whipped topping instead of mashed potato.

Thu May 14, 2009 10:44 am

Zippy wrote:
I have bought loads of DRM free music from Amazon and Play, I have it on my computer, mp3 player and phone, and I like it even more because I can buy just one track, rather than shelling out for an entire album on which I like maybe 1 or 2 songs. I've picked up some pretty old random music this way and the range is pretty good (IMO.)

I think Simon was getting at the fact that Amazon and Play downloads aren't great quality, not that I can tell the difference mind you...I can't tell the difference between a record, a tape and a CD mind you...Except a record gives some songs a little more life (Sgt. Peppers lonely hearts club band is much better on vinyl than on CD)

Thu May 14, 2009 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Spends far too much time on here

forquare1 wrote:
Zippy wrote:

I think Simon was getting at the fact that Amazon and Play downloads aren't great quality, not that I can tell the difference mind you...I can't tell the difference between a record, a tape and a CD mind you...Except a record gives some songs a little more life (Sgt. Peppers lonely hearts club band is much better on vinyl than on CD)

I don't like that album at all, but I can appreciate the quality of the LP. If you can tell the difference between vinyl and CD, you can tell the difference between poor mp3 and decent mp3 or lossless/WAV.

Thu May 14, 2009 1:43 pm

Zippy wrote:
Linux_User wrote:
What really narks me is this - why should I bother paying for a product that is riddled with DRM (be it music, films or games) when I can get a DRM-free version for nada? If I buy music, I want to be able to have it on my PC, my MP4 player, my phone, my PS3 and as many other of my devices as I see fit. If the official version won't let me do this, I'll get an unofficial version that can.

Exactly. I get my music from 7digital because it's cheapish and DRM-free. If only they would release Games and DVDs without DRM...

Thu May 14, 2009 2:18 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

Its not ilegal here in sunny Spain so if i wanted to i could download a film watch it and delete all quite legally. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming...
Damn, What a ride!!

Thu May 14, 2009 3:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2