Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Credit card code to combat fraud 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

BBC clicky

Quote:
A credit card with a built-in display is being tested by Visa with the aim of reducing online fraud.

So carrys on the endless fight against fraudulent use of credit cards.
Though Im sure they will end up upgading that display until its a mobile gaming platform on your CC (credit card not Churcat :lol: )

Amnesia10 wrote:
Yes but the opportunity to legally kill someone with a giant dildo does not happen every day.

Finally joined Flickr

Wed May 13, 2009 9:29 am
What's a life?

There will always be CC fraud but with chip and pin, they tried to push the responsibility onto the consumer, which as shown isn't working as there are many ways around CNP.

That thing looks rather unwieldy and less easy to use. What about people with arthritis or other impediments that prevent them from using the system?

Wed May 13, 2009 6:28 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

cloaked_wolf wrote:
There will always be CC fraud but with chip and pin, they tried to push the responsibility onto the consumer, which as shown isn't working as there are many ways around CNP.

That thing looks rather unwieldy and less easy to use. What about people with arthritis or other impediments that prevent them from using the system?

It's piss-easy to use. For example for online banking now many people use a similar system - whereby a card reader will give them a unique code to put back into the website before an instruction can be completed. For this new card all you have to do is put your PIN in and it will give you a unique code.

The biggest concern will be for people who are mentally disordered or have some kind of visual impairment, but no doubt banks will make special provision in such cases.

Wed May 13, 2009 6:47 pm
What's a life?

Linux_User wrote:
It's piss-easy to use. For example for online banking now many people use a similar system - whereby a card reader will give them a unique code to put back into the website before an instruction can be completed. For this new card all you have to do is put your PIN in and it will give you a unique code.

Yes but with CNP, those CNP readers at tills are huge in comparison. I have patients who can barely hold pens let alone write with one. What about them?

Wed May 13, 2009 8:39 pm
Occasionally has a life

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Linux_User wrote:

Yes but with CNP, those CNP readers at tills are huge in comparison. I have patients who can barely hold pens let alone write with one. What about them?

the readers he's on about are the size of a calculator... i know because my bank sent me one... i've never needed/been asked to use it... but it's there...

Wed May 13, 2009 8:45 pm
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Isn't this the same sort of thing as those little card readers banks have been issuing for online banking/transactions? It does the same sort of thing as far as I can tell.

Thu May 14, 2009 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]