Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
*Read Before Posting* 
Spends far too much time on here

This forum is for news stories, nothing else.

Any duplicate stories will have the revelant information copied into one thread.
Stories without comment for 30 days (unless they are still relevant or in the news) will be removed.
Stories that are not revelant or would be better suited in another forum will be moved.

A random rumour you heard on bit-tech is not a news story! ;)

Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Is it intended this forum is just for tech news or general news as well? I know we had a fair few threads in the old Meeting Place that consisted of a link followed by "Any thoughts?"

Edd?

timark_uk wrote:
Edward Armitage is Awesome. Yes, that's right. Awesome with a A.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:39 pm

General news is absolutely fine as far as I'm concerned, as long as it isn't just....random.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
Has a life

Blue_Nowhere wrote:
Stories without comment for 30 days (unless they are still relevant or in the news) will be removed

Removed?
To save space, I guess - Is this because space is limited on this forum / Hosting?

Just wondering, really

Keeping my Dennis level, though ;)

Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:13 pm
Profile WWW

Greemble wrote:
Blue_Nowhere wrote:
Stories without comment for 30 days (unless they are still relevant or in the news) will be removed

Removed?
To save space, I guess - Is this because space is limited on this forum / Hosting?

Just wondering, really

Yes, and it also stops the forums getting too messy, right now that's not a problem. But I like to plan ahead. ;)

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:42 pm
Profile WWW

Blue_Nowhere wrote:
Greemble wrote:
Blue_Nowhere wrote:

Removed?

Just wondering, really

Yes, and it also stops the forums getting too messy, right now that's not a problem. But I like to plan ahead. ;)

Is that going to happen in the Meeting Place too? preventing the necromancers from re-animating dead freds?

This above all: To Thine Own Self Be True

"Red sky at night, Shepherds Delight"..Which is a bit like Shepherds Pie, but with whipped topping instead of mashed potato.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:15 pm

For news stories, could I perhaps suggest a two or three month (60-90 day) life? You're right in as much that they probably won't get read or commented on, but occasionally we see one that is relevant and comes out of the depths...

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:21 pm
Profile WWW

forquare1 wrote:
For news stories, could I perhaps suggest a two or three month (60-90 day) life? You're right in as much that they probably won't get read or commented on, but occasionally we see one that is relevant and comes out of the depths...

Absolutelyl fine Ben, what I'll probably do is leave them for around 60 days and see how that goes. If this is a problem we can always shorten/extend that time at a later date.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:50 pm
Profile WWW

Zippy wrote:
Is that going to happen in the Meeting Place too? preventing the necromancers from re-animating dead freds?

It will, but to a lesser extend, it really depends how busy/messy it gets here I think.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:50 pm
Profile WWW

Blue_Nowhere wrote:
forquare1 wrote:

Absolutelyl fine Ben, what I'll probably do is leave them for around 60 days and see how that goes. If this is a problem we can always shorten/extend that time at a later date.

Glad to see things are flexible to an extent :)

Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]