Reply to topic  [ 7547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501 ... 504  Next
What's on your mind right now? 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I ordered some Christmas stuff from Amazon last week. Delivered by Amazon Logistics... who left the parcel propped up against my front door. According to the tracking info they delivered at about 1:30pm, and I didn't get back from work until about 6 so it had been readily pinchable for a good 5 hours (fortunately, and despite a slightly dodgy reputation my street is actually fairly good). I complained and Amazon apologised and extended my Prime membership for a month.
In future I'm sorely tempted to report the item as stolen and continue to do so until they actually put it somewhere sensible or hand it to me personally.

Not Amazon, but I've been caught out by ParcelForce putting one thing on their electronic tracking and something different on the card before - electronic tracking said it was at a house about half the street away (50 numbers away from me), when in fact they'd put it at the back door of my house. If it's PF I know to ignore the electronic bit and check the card now. Bloody annoying though.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:33 pm
What's a life?

davrosG5 wrote:
I ordered some Christmas stuff from Amazon last week. Delivered by Amazon Logistics... who left the parcel propped up against my front door. According to the tracking info they delivered at about 1:30pm, and I didn't get back from work until about 6 so it had been readily pinchable for a good 5 hours (fortunately, and despite a slightly dodgy reputation my street is actually fairly good). I complained and Amazon apologised and extended my Prime membership for a month.
In future I'm sorely tempted to report the item as stolen and continue to do so until they actually put it somewhere sensible or hand it to me personally.

Not Amazon, but I've been caught out by ParcelForce putting one thing on their electronic tracking and something different on the card before - electronic tracking said it was at a house about half the street away (50 numbers away from me), when in fact they'd put it at the back door of my house. If it's PF I know to ignore the electronic bit and check the card now. Bloody annoying though.

Here’s Sue Hayward’s thoughts on this. The complaint is initially with the retailer
https://twitter.com/5_News/status/1075361232209756165

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:48 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

davrosG5 wrote:

I work from home so I'm in nearly all day every day. I live on a cul-de-sac, so I can see and hear nearly every delivery vehicle that comes down my street. I have a working door bell by my front door that can be heard throughout the house. If I know that I am going receive a delivery on a particular day I will ensure I am in and keeping an ear and eye out for the van. It is still amazing how many delivery companies fail to find me or know how to ring a door bell - not Royal Mail or Parcel Force they are both very good - mostly the "newer" delivery services.

Hermes delivered to my wheelie bin. Luckily it wasn't bin day, but they had made it "obvious" by moving the bin so that it was blocking my front door. Because I didn't know know there was going to be a delivery, I was out all day and had I lived on a busier street, I'm sure that my parcel would have no longer been there when I got home.

I've had to stop using one of my suppliers because they insist on using Yodel who only seem to be able to find my house 50% of the time and the rest of the time just leave things in the front porch, which is visible from the street, without even checking if I am in first. The final straw came when Yodel delivered to another address with the same street name but in a completely different part of Nottingham with an entirely different area address and postcode. I told the company I would resume ordering from them when they changed to a more professional delivery service.

Ae service is only as good as the weakest link in the chain. Anyone sending out large numbers of parcels a week will be getting discounted rates and have an account manager to smooth things over should anything go wrong with a collection. What they can't control is what happens at the delivery end of the chain. I've not had a single delivery from APC that hasn't had some problem with it. On the last occasion tracking told me the parcel had been delivered, but I had no parcel and no card through the door. I tried phoning my local depot as directed from the APC website, but the phone just rang and rang without anyone picking up. So I called head office and even then the person taking my call was unable to get through to the Nottingham depot. Eventually my parcel was tracked down - it was with a neighbour on across the road - but how or why that occurred I wasn't able to find out.

Even with drop off services my one experience has been very poor. I got a card from UPC telling me a I had a parcel (which I wasn't expecting, and consequently wan't in to receive, because the sender hadn't told me it was on its way or supplied a tracking number) waiting for me at the local UPS collection point. This I discovered after looking up the address was an Off-Licence some 15 minutes walk away from my house. When I got there, the only person working in the shop claimed to be unable to give me my parcel because he didn't know how to work the logging system, and that the person who did know would not be back until later that afternoon. Since the point of these places is that you can collect your parcel at any time when they are open and for me was a 30 minute round trip, I was not very pleased, and the reply from a sternly worded email to UPC revealed that they weren't pleased either. Luckily when I was finally able to get my parcel it was small and light enough to carry. Had it been big and/or heavy like many of the panels I had been getting at that time I don't know how I would have got it home. I notice also that this establishment is no longer a UPC collection point.

Finally what amazes me is the the number of companies who are prepared to send out expensive items either with no tracking or signature requirements, or using delivery services with a poor reputation like Hermes or Yodel. In the last couple of weeks I have received more than a few parcels whose value is in excess of £100 that have required no proof of receipt. I can only think that the discount on postage the senders are getting outweighs the value of the parcels that go missing. In the new year I am seriously considering having a policy of claiming as not received for any item that does not fit through my letter box and has not been delivered to me personally and signed for by myself.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

I got a delivery yesterday from Amazon - a present for my wife for our wedding anniversary on Saturday, so an important delivery.

Hermes delivered it and left a card and on the card under "Neighbour" they wrote carport. No house number.

3 of our neighbours have car ports, so I rang at all 3, nope, no package.

I was walking back up our drive and saw something brown poking out behind the fir tree. I walked closer and hidden behind our snow shovel, behid the fir tree was a soggy Amazon package! We have a garage and no carport, so why did they leave a message under the category "neighbour" saying carport? Grr!

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:14 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

Thinking that if you are representing a chairty collecting for some military support charity that you DON’T dress like a Neo Nazi - bald head, black bomber jacket, black trousers and DM/Military style boots. It would also help if you didn’t look like thugs. That will be why people are avoiding you.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:07 pm

I've been following a certain bit of movie news today about how it seems Marvel are monopolising many cinemas for their new Captain Marvel movie. Unless I'm missing something it appears to be true. The only option at my two local cinemas is Captain Marvel....and that's it. Each of the cinemas has 7 or 8 screens but ONLY Captain Marvel is showing from Friday.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:46 pm
Legend

Paul1965 wrote:
I've been following a certain bit of movie news today about how it seems Marvel are monopolising many cinemas for their new Captain Marvel movie. Unless I'm missing something it appears to be true. The only option at my two local cinemas is Captain Marvel....and that's it. Each of the cinemas has 7 or 8 screens but ONLY Captain Marvel is showing from Friday.

Would you have a link? I'd be interested to read that, especially after a 'news breaker' on Twitter claimed it would make $1.5bn with conviction.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:26 pm
Legend

Yup, just checked my local, after 8/3/19 only Captain Marvel is listed :shock:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:21 am
What's a life?

Interestingly similar thing in Birmingham:
  • Two odeon cinemas, both showing only Captain Marvel from 9th to 14th March
  • Vue cinema has between 30 and 36 screenings of CM from 8th to 11th (but does screen other movies)
  • Cineworld - three cinemas - all have 12-18 screenings of CM from 8th-11th

Wow they are really pushing hard for this.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:56 am

cloaked_wolf wrote:

They are indeed. But from the trailers it looks just like all the other recent superhero movies so I doubt I'll bother.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:48 am

Problem is at my cinema (not looked to see if its only doing CM) is that some of the screens aren't that big so I would be a bit miffed if I ended up in one of the smaller ones

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:38 pm
What's a life?

Not over here though, our local has 6 different films showing.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:01 pm
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

Paul1965 wrote:
cloaked_wolf wrote:

They are indeed. But from the trailers it looks just like all the other recent superhero movies so I doubt I'll bother.

Are they doing it because there's an agenda (first marvel female superhero), or because it's related to Endgame.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:06 pm
What's a life?

After seeing some of the ZX Spectrum related threads, it reminded me of a youtube channel I found a few weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck7pFE9McJw

The guy uses hard drives and floppy disc drives to create theme tunes.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:50 pm

Paul1965 wrote:
cloaked_wolf wrote:

I stopped watching after the dire Age of Ultron flick.

They went from making entertaining films to just turning the handle on the sausage machine.

Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501 ... 504  Next