Reply to topic  [ 7547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 494, 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500 ... 504  Next
What's on your mind right now? 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

l3v1ck wrote:
That's just wrong on so many levels.

Now if only it was lick and sniff

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:05 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

JJW009 popped up in my head randomly this morning, Still miss that guy (A LOT...) :cry:

Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:56 pm
What's a life?

brataccas wrote:
JJW009 popped up in my head randomly this morning, Still miss that guy (A LOT...) :cry:

Strangely enough, I had a dream about him last night too. No idea why. I'd never met him in person and it was a dream about me being on a website forum and JJW009 replying to a post.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:02 pm
Legend

Can we please stop inventing new technology until we've fixed the old stuff?

Issues like, 'I wonder if it's the USB lead, the phone, the USB port, the USB driver, or just [LIFTED] bollocks Windows this time?', really need to be addressed before we go any further IMO.

Amazon just let me download an entire set of songs, copyright free, in minutes. Didn't even need software. So why exactly does my laptop need to enter 'device set-up' every time I connect my phone in 2018?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:28 pm
What's a life?

pcernie wrote:
why exactly does my laptop need to enter 'device set-up' every time I connect my phone in 2018?

I find my laptop (from 2011, running windows 7) only does that if I plug the phone into a different USB slot each time. If I use the same one, it's fine. If I use a different one for the first time, it starts installing drivers and stuff. Annoying because it doesn't matter which USB socket I use.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:07 am
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Yay. Just had issues at work that means I get an extremely quiet last two shifts.
Sucks for the oil company, rocks for me. :twisted:

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:56 am
Profile WWW
Legend

cloaked_wolf wrote:
pcernie wrote:
why exactly does my laptop need to enter 'device set-up' every time I connect my phone in 2018?

I find my laptop (from 2011, running windows 7) only does that if I plug the phone into a different USB slot each time. If I use the same one, it's fine. If I use a different one for the first time, it starts installing drivers and stuff. Annoying because it doesn't matter which USB socket I use.

That's what I figured too, but WTF?

Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:57 pm
Official forum cat lady

pcernie wrote:
cloaked_wolf wrote:
pcernie wrote:

That's what I figured too, but WTF?

Get a mac :D

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:29 pm
Legend

oceanicitl wrote:
Get a mac :D

I've got an XP netbook with charging issues I'd sooner use!

Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:48 pm
What's a life?

HMRC scam phone calls doing the rounds. It’s a computer generated voice telling you that you’re being investigated by HMRC and to press 1 to speak to a case adviser. I’ve had three of these in the last day.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:03 pm
Legend

Ordered exclusive and heavily-discounted toys from Amazon US recently. Unbeknown to me the courier was I-Parcel (84% negative Trustpilot reviews, and with good reason)...

Claimed they attempted delivery. Me and the neighbours were in all day, the dog didn't even bark, and there was no card. That was allegedly at 3.50pm. At 12am I got an email saying they'd attempted delivery that afternoon! Amazon US took absolutely nothing to do with it, just passed me on to I-Parcel.

I-Parcel then replied at 1.20am saying the parcel had been given to One World Freight and that I should contact them... Cut to half 8 this morning, and YODEL delivered the parcel. To my neighbour. They hadn't bothered knocking my door/ringing the bell or using my giant-ass parcel box, but they left me a card :x

Is this continual and literal pass the parcel between companies even legal? How the [LIFTED] are they doing it that quickly between three different companies without it being beneficial to them, but at the cost of MY time and patience?

Every one of them referred me to the next, Amazon included. So if the parcel got truly lost there was absolutely no hope of it ever being tracked down the level of shared incompetence was so high. Hundreds of pounds worth of stuff in just one delivery, just a few orders like that should have Amazon questioning their practices... But someone's clearly doing very nicely out of such a dodgy contract.

Oh, and the postman recently told me that the likes of Yodel are simply handing back all the deliveries they can't/don't want to do to Royal Mail* at the busiest time of the year, meaning you could wait a month+ for even an Amazon Prime order, never mind something from a smaller outfit.

It's a Which/oversight committee investigation waiting to happen. Bunch of fcukers...

*That deal's more complicated than I could ever explain here.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:00 pm
What's a life?

That's absolutely nuts. I think Amazon US are still responsible until you receive the parcel. I'd kick up a complaint to Amazon and I-parcel. Probably nothing will happen. I've never heard of i-parcel but sounds very much like Yodel (and before them, City Link).

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 am
Legend

cloaked_wolf wrote:
That's absolutely nuts. I think Amazon US are still responsible until you receive the parcel. I'd kick up a complaint to Amazon and I-parcel. Probably nothing will happen. I've never heard of i-parcel but sounds very much like Yodel (and before them, City Link).

I'm gonna complain to Amazon US, I honestly think it's a waste of time with I-Parcel!

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:01 am
What's a life?

The union Verdi is calling its members at Amazon out on strike in the run-up to Christmas. They claim that the workers aren't getting enough money or recognition in Germany.

They have been fighting with Amazon for over 5 years to get Amazon to pay its employees according to the Tarif for shop workers and mail-order workers, but Amazon refuses, saying that they are not a shop, they are purely a logistics company and therefore the employees only get paid at the rates for logistics companies.

The link is only in German, for those that are interested:
https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung ... 52218.html

This is on top of them allegeldy abusing seasonal workers in previous years. They are recruited in other countries with high unemployment or very low wages, with the promise of high wages in Germany, plus accomodation, for the Christmas period. Workers from Spain and the Eastern Block are then flown in and handed a contract for a fraction of what they were promised, if they don't want to sign, they can make their own way back home again. Accomodation turns out to be summer-holiday chalets, where they sleep in roation (those off-shift sleep in the bed, when they go on shift, those coming off take over the bed). This was according to an ARD report 2 years ago (ARD is the German equivalent of BBC 1). Of course, it wasn't Amazon doing this, it was a sub-contractor, but Amazon allegedly refused to sanction the sub-contractor or cancel the contract, at the time.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:40 pm
Profile ICQ
Legend

I could well believe it, every aspect of the UK site gets dodgy by the day, so behind the scenes...

Prime delivery? Every item is listed as Prime if you're a member, and it can take a week to arrive!

Need to contact Amazon? The link is hidden right at the bottom of the page and then buried further. Only particular drop down menu options will let you even email them, so you're forced to lie to get access.

I've received multiple used and damaged products from both Amazon and those they ship for in recent months, no matter the item category.

Their prices are fluctuating by £20+ at a time even on smaller items.

They use carriers they know to be hopeless. Then use Royal Mail when they have to.

Subscriptions for items - haven't had a subscription where the price didn't jump massively in a few months while still being advertised for cheaper!

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 494, 495, 496, 497, 498, 499, 500 ... 504  Next