Reply to topic  [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 118  Next
Tales of Win Thread 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Called Virgin media - managed to get a £10er off my monthly subs and free upgrade to the newest (to me) Box so that's Ok - all I had to do was quote the current Sky offer and that they would also do a £75 cash back

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:03 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

One for Mark:

iOS 11 brings new emojis...
https://9to5mac.com/2017/10/31/ios-11-1-new-emoji/amp/

PIE emoji
:P

* Witty statement goes here *

Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:39 pm

Stupid Tesco, sending me COD WWII, 3 months Live and an Xbox One S with Rocket League for £45.55

Stupid Tesco.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:26 am
Profile WWW

veato wrote:
Stupid Tesco, sending me COD WWII, 3 months Live and an Xbox One S with Rocket League for £45.55

Stupid Tesco.

Those bastards!

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:01 am
What's a life?

veato wrote:

Cool catch. I think the only time I got something like that was when I spotted a compact Canon camera that should have been £160 priced at £60. Can't recall what website it was but managed to get it delivered for that price.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:45 am
What's a life?

With the impending release of the One X, the One S isn't worth tuppen ha'penny! :lol:

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:40 am
Profile ICQ

big_D wrote:
With the impending release of the One X, the One S isn't worth tuppen ha'penny! :lol:

Is tuppen ha'penny £150 in modern money because that's what I sold it for?

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:17 pm
Profile WWW

big_D wrote:

You are, most definitely, talking out of the wrong hole, sir.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:54 pm

Got my new Tablet (Pixel C) all up an running so used it "in anger" today on the commute for the 1st time
:D

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:34 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

Hackintosh up and running really quite well.
Its based on an HP Elite Micro Tower with i7 3770 120Gb SSD + 1TbHDD + 16Gb ram less than £350 invested.
A Sawtooth PowerMac which was given to me is it's intended home and looks totally feasible.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Using iOS 11.0.3 doesn’t give me the pie, there is an update though, so I'll try again when I install that.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:43 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Took some of my antique stereo photos into my wife’s school yesterday. One of the classes has been studying the Victorians, so it was a good resource to take along. They loved them! They were surprised to see that the two photos make a 3D image when you can see them though viewers. I told them it was just the same technique as 3D cinemas and Nintendo 3DS. The reactions were really, really good. They spent the best part of an hour ensconced in them -literally. They were saying how amazing the 3D was, and that it looked like you could walk into the scenes. They were sharing the viewers around, asking for other cards to look at. They were really careful with the cards, which their teacher told them were very old and delicate. At the end they all said thank you, some even asked if I could come back! I was told they were still talking about them later on in the day.

One told me that she had used a 3D viewer in a restaurant to look at the kid’s menu. That was Jamie’s - they use ViewMasters for the children’s menus.

So a good hour spent yesterday. These were year 5 primary school children too. Maybe they’ll be looking out for things like that themselves now.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:15 pm
What's a life?

I have a new job! Signed the contract on Friday, start in January.

The company is an IT security company, making appliances to scan networks for unpatched or poorly configured devices etc. sounds like it will be very interesting.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Last edited by big_D on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:14 pm
Profile ICQ

Congratulations, D, that's great news. :D

Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:00 pm

Spreadie wrote:
Congratulations, D, that's great news. :D

+1

Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 118  Next