Reply to topic  [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next
Tales of Win Thread 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Spreadie wrote:
Pulled an old motherboard out of the loft and stuck on test yesterday morning - I'm slowly working my way through all my old tech bits and clearing out the dross.

Anyhoo, to my surprise, the board still works and I stuck it on a stress test for a few hours before listing it on feebay, because they're still sought after - sold it for £100 within an hour. :D.

This no longer belongs in the tales of win thread.

[LIFTED] ebay scammer bought the motherboard and then claimed it had a myriad of faults and opened a case for return. The board that was returned to me did indeed have loads of faults, because the bastard had the same model and swapped his knackered board for mine.

Despite me providing photos of my board with no bent pins or broken slots, ebay upheld the claim and I lost out.

I [LIFTED] hate ebay sometimes.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:18 pm
Spends far too much time on here

Spreadie wrote:
Spreadie wrote:
Pulled an old motherboard out of the loft and stuck on test yesterday morning - I'm slowly working my way through all my old tech bits and clearing out the dross.

Anyhoo, to my surprise, the board still works and I stuck it on a stress test for a few hours before listing it on feebay, because they're still sought after - sold it for £100 within an hour. :D.

[LIFTED] ebay scammer bought the motherboard and then claimed it had a myriad of faults and opened a case for return. The board that was returned to me did indeed have loads of faults, because the bastard had the same model and swapped his knackered board for mine.

Despite me providing photos of my board with no bent pins or broken slots, ebay upheld the claim and I lost out.

haven't used ebay in years, mainly because of the above, i just use ebay as a price comparison site. nothing more nothing less ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:09 am
Legend

Spreadie wrote:
Spreadie wrote:

Tried Paypal? Especially if your credit card is linked to it, you've a bit more cover because it's a fraudulent transaction. No joy with PP, try your card issuer.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:44 pm

what a total bummer

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:26 pm

Presumably you have their address from posting the board to them :twisted:

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
veato wrote:

Glitter bomb, glitter bomb, glitter bomb...................

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:25 pm
Profile WWW

l3v1ck wrote:
veato wrote:

Glitter bomb, glitter bomb, glitter bomb...................

Yes, just sign them up for everything especially if there is some cost to return it. People like this P.O.S have largely ruined eBay.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:46 am

Win but also slight fail.
I passed my NEBOSH General Health and Safety Certificate with a Credit mark :D ... just missing out on Distinction by one point :x
Ho hum, still better than I did in my Uni degree.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:27 pm

davrosG5 wrote:
Win but also slight fail.
I passed my NEBOSH General Health and Safety Certificate with a Credit mark :D ... just missing out on Distinction by one point :x
Ho hum, still better than I did in my Uni degree.
I missed out on a 1st in my degree by 2%, which was very frustrating at the time.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

You probably know by now that I help out with Code Club at my wife’s school. I’ve got the year six kids, who are doing either HTML or Python. Some of the Python kids have come to a sticking point.

All the kids are autistic in various ways and strengths. The two who have got stuck are supposedly high flyers, but somehow drawing a dotted line with Python is a problem. We’ve sat and thought about it. We know about the pinup() and pen down() commands, as well as loops and other commands in the Turtle library.

They can do it - or they *should* be able to do it. They’ve been talking through the problem, I even showed them the code to do it ( and then I deleted it because I’m that kind of person). They’ve even been wiring together on their own. I think part of it is just not wanting to try incase they fail, but even so, they have been stuck.

So the youngest kid (he’s probably only a few weeks older than the oldest year five child) has been slowly catching up. He struggles at times, but he plods on and has recently been solving problems on his own and getting things working. He needs more support than the others, but he’s getting there.

Anyway, that moment arrived that I dreaded. He got to the draw a dotted line problem. I wondered how much prodding and information he’d need to get it working. So we talked about it. I gave him the same clues he needed as the others, but he seemed to be falling in the gaps as we spoke. I left him to it. About 15 minutes later, he had it cracked. There were a few little things that make it work perfectly that he needed some help with, but as I said, he’s a plodder and he solved them.

So, in half an hour, he had caught up with and beaten the really capable ones. He then, just to rub salt in the wounds, went and fixed their projects. I was really happy for him. He needs the self-esteem boosts, apparently, so this was a real shot in the arm for him.

So a definite win for him.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:08 pm

Brilliant :D

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:05 pm
What's a life?

hifidelity2 wrote:
Brilliant :D

I felt really happy for him. He’d beaten the bright kids, and my wife said it’s a good lesson for the others too.

One of the those he helped said she’d buy him some ice cram. Before he went home, he confided in me that he didn’t expect the ice cream would ever appear. He seemed OK with that, but I hope the ice cream did surface.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:57 pm

Work have brought back in the Microsoft for work offers - so just bought Office Pro - 2019 for a £10er

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:01 am
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Nice

I'm looking at replacing office 2003 which i have now. But I'm waiting until I buy a new laptop next year as I'm not sure if a new office licence (for non 365) is transferable

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

If it is a full retail license, you can transfer it, if you buy one of the cheaper cards, it is tied to your motherboard.

I switched to Office 365 4 years ago and haven't regretted it.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:37 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next