Reply to topic  [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 118  Next
Tales of Win Thread 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I thought that, seeing as we have a Tales of Fail Thread, we should balance the Yang with a bit of Yin. So here's a thread for stories of both stand-alone Win and responses to the Tales of Fail Thread

>> Linky to Tales of Fail Thread <<

Fail Redemption: Asda

Quote:
I went to Asda to buy a mobile because they're advertised as being unlocked to any network. Got the phone home only to find out that it's locked to Asda Mobile only. Talk about forgetting your unique selling point. MORE FAIL...

... So I rang the helpline to get the unlock code that their T&Cs says should be free. The droid on the other end then informed me that because it was a special promotional handset they would charge me £10 to unlock a phone that SHOULD HAVE BEEN UNLOCKED IN THE FIRST BLOODY PLACE!

Just been to return the Phone.

The Electronics Manager was serving at the Electronics till (always a win) and upon hearing the tale his exact words were "That's ridiculous. All our phones are sold as unlocked. Okay if you go to Customer Services they'll give you a refund - I'll let them know you're coming. Oh and I think I'll ring Head Office to let them know about this."

Total, total redemption and a textbook example of Customer Services 101

WIN

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:19 pm
What's a life?

I found a fiver in a car park over the weekend.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:40 pm

I've just picked up a couple of freelance design jobs.

After a drought of 1930s dustbowl proportions, suddenly I can't do the work quickly enough!

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:45 pm

HeatherKay wrote:
I've just picked up a couple of freelance design jobs.

After a drought of 1930s dustbowl proportions, suddenly I can't do the work quickly enough!

WINGasm

Very happy for you I am :mrgreen:

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:47 pm

well done HK.
went to the hospital to have three benign tumors removed today. got there at 12.30pm as asked and was told I would be seen at 5.30pm. So there I was waiting expecting a very long boring wait but by 3pm I was outside waiting for my wife to pick me up with three fresh scars 8-) :D

Amnesia10 wrote:
Yes but the opportunity to legally kill someone with a giant dildo does not happen every day.

Finally joined Flickr

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:47 pm

bobbdobbs wrote:
well done HK.
went to the hospital to have three benign tumors removed today. got there at 12.30pm as asked and was told I would be seen at 5.30pm. So there I was waiting expecting a very long boring wait but by 3pm I was outside waiting for my wife to pick me up with three fresh scars 8-) :D

That'll be a Fail Redeem then.

Being 3 hours behind is still a fail, surely? :?

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:49 pm

rustybucket wrote:
bobbdobbs wrote:
well done HK.

That'll be a Fail Redeem then.

Being 3 hours behind is still a fail, surely? :?

nope they were 2.5 hours ahead so win for me. The local hospital has two time to turn up 7.30am for morning surgery and 12.30 for afternoon surgery

Amnesia10 wrote:
Yes but the opportunity to legally kill someone with a giant dildo does not happen every day.

Finally joined Flickr

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:54 pm

My monitor was just 5 weeks away from it's 3-year warranty coming to an end and it broke. Hyundai needed to me to fax a proof of purchase and said I would have to pay to send the monitor to them, but after talking to their (UK based!!) customer services blokey, they agreed I could e-mail a scanned image of the invoice and said they would collect the monitor the next working day, free of charge.

Thank you Hyundai. :D

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:36 pm
Spends far too much time on here

Linux_User wrote:
My monitor was just 5 weeks away from it's 3-year warranty coming to an end and it broke. Hyundai needed to me to fax a proof of purchase and said I would have to pay to send the monitor to them, but after talking to their (UK based!!) customer services blokey, they agreed I could e-mail a scanned image of the invoice and said they would collect the monitor the next working day, free of charge.

I got a free out of warranty (new) replacement on my W240D from them when the inverter went pop, they came and switched it on the doorstep.

Much better service than OCockUp...K? (OcUK) who didn't care

Also got a free DIN iPod connection for my AV receiver for free from Pioneer Europe as the UK help suggested I buy from the US, after pointing out the number of products of theirs I had (car stereo... in the car when I bought it), av receiver, ipod docks etc they sent me an email to say it had been dispatched..... by next day courier :D (would have cost ~£80 to order from the US inc shipping and import tax)

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:00 pm

My office manager's mum was in for a triple heart bypass, which somehow turned into a pacemaker which was fitted under local anaesthetic and she's doing great.

This is win, because I was trying to cover for her while she was visiting last week and I'm crap at her job!

</very stressful week>

Linux_User wrote:

Ooh, was wondering how that turned out! Let's just hope it stays fixed, unlike my old Acer which definitely belongs in the "Fail" thread...

When you're feeling too silly for x404, youRwired.net

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:33 pm
Profile WWW

Not sure if this is really a win but I've got to smash up some frozen potatoes for work (don't ask).
Anyway, I had to go and get the laboratory hammer to do it with. I think people were a little worried by the manic grin I had when I was walking down the corridor with the hammer.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:03 pm
What's a life?

Had an interview this afternoon. They want to email me an employment contract.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:15 pm
Profile ICQ

big_D wrote:

Way to go, Dave!

Party?

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:22 pm
Legend

HeatherKay wrote:
big_D wrote:

Way to go, Dave!

Party?

Shall I bring the twiglets?

Well done Dave.

"You are gifted. Mine is bordering on seven seconds."

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTg5MzczNTk

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/wwwx404couk-21

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:09 pm
What's a life?

Amnesia10 wrote:
HeatherKay wrote:
big_D wrote:

Way to go, Dave!
Party?

Shall I bring the twiglets?

I think this calls for more than Twiglets...

Amnesia10 wrote:
Well done Dave.

+1!

Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 118  Next