Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
I need to do my essay... 
Occasionally has a life

...but I just cant be bothered!

Bah.

Think I need to be slapped with a wet fish or something.

Hobgob.

Nietzsche wrote:
Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:01 am
Occasionally has a life

Same here :)

Mines on geography haha

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:04 am
Occasionally has a life

"What was the Social and Political Impact of the Development of Radio in Britain? (1922-1960)"

following that,

"Was the Great Terror necessary."

following that,

I have to make a game in C# and produce a learning journal for it,

following that,

I have to perform a statistical analysis of all African and Asian students applying/studying for an undergraduate degree in the UK and create a 2000 word essay on my collated results.

Hobgob.

Nietzsche wrote:
Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:12 am
Doesn't have much of a life

Despite the fact that macbeth us a ruthless butcher and bloody fiend, we find ourselves drawn to him. How does Shakespeare succeed in accomplishing this reaction.

Needs to be done for tomorrow. Looking unlikely.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:06 am
Occasionally has a life

themcman1 wrote:
Despite the fact that macbeth us a ruthless butcher and bloody fiend, we find ourselves drawn to him. How does Shakespeare succeed in accomplishing this reaction.

Needs to be done for tomorrow. Looking unlikely.

What level of Education is that for mcman? I couldn't stand doing Shakespeare at school, can't imagine the pain of doing it at a higher level.

Hobgob.

Nietzsche wrote:

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:14 am

GCSE :D

I have better things to be doing, like web development.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:16 am
Occasionally has a life

Oh right, well Ill cheer you up some more :D

As long as you get a C+ in Maths, Science, English the rest counts for [LIFTED] all!

Have a nice day. :lol:

Hobgob.

Nietzsche wrote:

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:36 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

TheHobgob wrote:
As long as you get a C+ in Maths, Science, English the rest counts for $%^$% all!
That's <edit>rubbish</edit>! I didn't do badly in my GCSEs, going by national standards, but I still really regret not pushing myself further. Even the slightest blemish on your academic record will be questioned.

Edd

timark_uk wrote:
Edward Armitage is Awesome. Yes, that's right. Awesome with a A.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:43 am
Has a life

EddArmitage wrote:
TheHobgob wrote:
As long as you get a C+ in Maths, Science, English the rest counts for $%^$% all!
That's rubbish! I didn't do badly in my GCSEs, going by national standards, but I still really regret not pushing myself further. Even the slightest blemish on your academic record will be questioned.

Edd

You're quite right - although I would say even more so at A-level, where even resitting a paperseems to count as something of a blemish.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:51 am
Occasionally has a life

EddArmitage wrote:
TheHobgob wrote:
That's <edit>rubbish</edit>! I didn't do badly in my GCSEs, going by national standards, but I still really regret not pushing myself further. Even the slightest blemish on your academic record will be questioned.

Edd

Well, your the only person I know that's ever said that. From students to staff to managers.

GCSE's get you into A Levels (or equivalent) that get you into a degree (or equivalent) - then work and trade related skills.

As long as your grades are high enough for your personal next step an since college admission is based upon those three key subjects that's all that matters. Just have to make sure your highest level of qualification is of a high standard.

Perhaps I'm just a cynic.

Hobgob.

Nietzsche wrote:

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:54 am
Occasionally has a life

stu_1701 wrote:
You're quite right - although I would say even more so at A-level, where even resitting a paperseems to count as something of a blemish.

How would that count as a blemish? Your not going to write on your CV - History A-Level grade A (13 resits).

Hobgob.

Nietzsche wrote:

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:56 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

EddArmitage wrote:
TheHobgob wrote:

Edd

I think after once your sitting in university, others don't care what you got in your GCSE's...I've kept them on my CV at the time being, but only English/Maths/Science because I got a C or above in each of them...

Not great, inspiring advice I'll grant you that. But you need these to get to the next level, just like I needed to pass a certain grade in my SATs to get into the right level class for my GCSE Maths, English and Science...

I would certainly be surprised if anyone asked me what my GCSE's were, in industry or in academia, and wanted to know for anything other than curiosity...

Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Occasionally has a life

themcman1 wrote:
GCSE :D

I have better things to be doing, like web development.

Year 10 or 11?

I agree about the comment about GCSEs not being that important after you have finished your A levels and are in university but it's nice to know you did well.

Depends if it’s an air brick or not, I suppose.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:10 pm

forquare1 wrote:
I think after once your sitting in university, others don't care what you got in your GCSE's...

Definitely agree with you there, Ben.

Even though I did well in my GCSEs, I only put "16 GCSEs" on my CV with no further details. I'm not sure if that's the right way to do it, but I don't think they really need anything else.

Peter.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:29 pm
Occasionally has a life

pg2114 wrote:
forquare1 wrote:
I think after once your sitting in university, others don't care what you got in your GCSE's...

Definitely agree with you there, Ben.

Even though I did well in my GCSEs, I only put "16 GCSEs" on my CV with no further details. I'm not sure if that's the right way to do it, but I don't think they really need anything else.

Peter.

Yeah well this is my point exactly. We have been told 100's of times at Uni just to write X GCSE's on our CV's.

On a side note....bloody hell 16! We could only do 9 at our school.

Hobgob.

Nietzsche wrote:

Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next