Reply to topic  [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317 ... 334  Next
The Ranting (or Venting) Thread. 
Legend

There's nothing like spending an hour researching products and filling a basket with tens of items, only to see it get FCUKING WIPED :x :x :x

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:52 pm
Official forum cat lady

pcernie wrote:
There's nothing like spending an hour researching products and filling a basket with tens of items, only to see it get FCUKING WIPED :x :x :x

The sites I use keep them in the basket for days. You need to shop elsewhere <helpful> lol

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:03 am
Legend

oceanicitl wrote:
pcernie wrote:

The sites I use keep them in the basket for days. You need to shop elsewhere <helpful> lol

Turns out the [LIFTED] removed a bunch of their stock and decided it was easier to wipe their customers baskets wholesale. I've found the one retailer who does that...

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:06 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Incomplete work schedule for today - to be populated later - but the first two jobs are at opposite ends of the island. Law of sod guarantees the job number three (when it arrives) will be one street away from job number one. :roll:

Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:17 am
Doesn't have much of a life

Thanks to the boss for clicking on a phishing email today and potentially infecting his laptop, I've lost 2 hours this afternoon and most of the evening cleaning up his machine.

He clicked a link in an "Apple Security Team" email and got a message saying "Ha ha, bitch, your files have been locked by X-Ghost" - I pulled the Ethernet and turned wireless off to try and isolate the machine as soon as he alerted me but that was around 5 minutes after he'd clicked the link.

Luckily nothing serious discovered but AVG did f**k all to protect him from his stupidity. Malwarebytes found 1,572 items that posed a risk - mostly adware and tracking cookies I hope!! My main concern was the server is mapped out as a drive.

Ironically, this is the boss who implemented our Internet Security Policy - couldn't make it up, could you?

I wonder what delights will pop up tomorrow?!

* Witty statement goes here *

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:15 pm
What's a life?

That is the problem, when you get hit by a new strain.

At one place, we got hit, but it just encrypted the FAT on the disk. We threw the disk out and installed a new image and the user was up and working again quickly - users are told, that they aren't allowed to store anything locally, it has to be on the network.

At another place, the directors didn't trust IT, so they had their own NAS, which had all the confidential stuff on it and it wasn't allowed in the backup scheme... Director gets malware, director's notebook and the NAS get encrypted. :lol:

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:07 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

Why are touch keyboards still so rubbish? Back in the day, the first thing I did with a new mobile was disable T9, because it was fairly useless and it was quicker to type words fully than to hope the T9 dictionary would spit out the correct word.

Move forward to 2005 - 2007 and we had touchscreen smartphones with onscreen keyboards. The iPhone, when it came out, was a lot better, but was still a rubbish experience. Move forward another decade and we still have the same problems, mistyped words, typing is still a lousy experience, even swipe keyboards, which should provide a "flowing" was of doing things isn't really much better. It just makes it quicker to send a completely garbled message than typing each letter on the keyboard.

Yes, the results of a swipe can be more amusing, because it is a muddle of real words, as opposed to a muddle of individual characters.

Most often, I will either talk to the person I am trying to contact, or I will wait until I get somewhere, where I can use a real keyboard.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:24 am
Profile ICQ
Legend

Agreed. I've got a 5.5 screen and it's still a nightmare. Not only that, but predictive text often doesn't suggest words I've used before or even common usage ffs.

In other news, the guy behind me always has a pouch of some kinda fish-based product for lunch and it smells rank!

Can't even make any excuses because we're so short staffed.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:40 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Spreadie wrote:
Incomplete work schedule for today - to be populated later - but the first two jobs are at opposite ends of the island. Law of sod guarantees the job number three (when it arrives) will be one street away from job number one. :roll:

Exactly the same sh!t again! Unbelievable!

FFS

Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:07 pm
Legend

You'd think if you were going to run a shopping website that the checkout would be the crucial bit, wouldn't you? :x

But no. Passwords that only seem to work on certain days... 'We are taking you to a secure page'. THAT DOESN'T [LIFTED] WORK!... Baskets that empty themselves... Only telling you an item is out of stock right at the end... What's wrong with these fcukers? It's not 1995!

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:27 pm
Officially Mrs saspro

Due to a power cut at Euston I am on the slowest train back south, towards Reading, should take about 5 hrs to get back. Bollocks!

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:10 pm
Profile WWW

TheFrenchun wrote:
Due to a power cut at Euston
It actually looked like quite a nasty track fire.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Am on call today and didn't know. Means I can't bugger off home for lunch (and I didn't bring any), and I can't leave a few minutes earlier than closing time.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:07 am
Legend

The rigmarole I just went through because of my card provider's punch in three different types of details 'security system'... I mean half the fcuking stores online don't even use the system, so what's the bloody point?

Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:16 pm

pcernie wrote:
The rigmarole I just went through because of my card provider's punch in three different types of details 'security system'... I mean half the fcuking stores online don't even use the system, so what's the bloody point?
Verified by VISA?

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317 ... 334  Next