Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Since I've been gone... 
Spends far too much time on here

EddArmitage wrote:
HeatherKay wrote:
Mark had intimated the news to me a while ago. It still sucks.
:(

I still haven't quite managed to take it all in. Everyone here seems to be going through rubbishness. Hope everyone gets through their issues with minimal collateral taken.

Edd

+1

It does make me realise that even though I have difficulties, they are relatively easy to fix, and that really life could be a lot worse.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:25 am
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

:shock:

Don't I feel like the big tit for asking.

Bugger.

:oops:

Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:26 pm
Official forum cat lady

John and Mark very sorry to hear your news. Big group forum {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

My news? Errrm. Did up the garden last year and now the neighbours are trying to keep up with me. Still need to paint outside of house and replace guttering then that's all the big jobs done - only taken me 10 years!

Working for Discovery who own Antenna Audio who I look after. We've just moved offices so now work in a lovely new clean environment near Old Street rather than a dodgy old biscuit factory in sarf London. All good.

Dad has bone cancer but is having pain relief treatment and is doing well. Still mobile and walking the dogs etc although he does get tired easily and has lost a lot of weight. He's 73 and I reckon he'll be around for a good few years yet :)

Caz

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:49 pm
What's a life?

Really sorry to hear that Mark :shock:

Best wishes to Mrs. V, John.

Me? Loooong story...

Met a woman online, she was a friend of a friend. Came to visit the friend for new year in 2007, met woman, fell in love, still together. Within a week I had a new job, new flat and within a month I'd moved from one end of Germany to the other!

Mother was diagnosed with Leukemia in January! Gran died in Feb, uncle died in Feb.

Visited mum in Feb/Mar, prognisis 5 years max, chemo working. Changing jobs, so threw holiday away in old job to come out sooner, so I could visit mum after she came out of hospital in October... A week and a half ago, she was told the chemo isn't working, 3 months a week ago, that was halved to 6 weeks! Spent a long weekend with her, got back late Monday.

Starting new job next week, told new boss, he said no problems, they will arrange for me to take time off so I can visit her, even though it is my probationary period. :)

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:16 pm
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long

big_D wrote:
[snip] :)

And I'm moaning because my leg hurts.... :oops:

You guys rock. Seriously, it's no wonder I couldn't stay away.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:54 pm
What's a life?

Not much to report here, I suspect. I can't remember when you last checked in, as it were.
Still no job, but I'm volunteering (aka. working for free) with a local charity. Still enjoying taking photomographs. Still single.
Went for a well paid internship that'd last a couple of months with a large well-known computer firm, was told on the same day that I had it, and that the HR people would be in touch - 2 weeks later, nothing was happening so I chased them. Turns out they went with someone else.
Uhm, what else... close female friend has gone to South Africa for four months to a clinic to treat her bulimia.
Niece is attending the Royal Ballet School and was in the Nut Cracker over Chrimble.
I've just drunk some coffee.

I'll stop there.

Charlie Brooker wrote:
Windows works for me. But I'd never recommend it to anybody else, ever.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3