Reply to topic  [ 4975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317 ... 332  Next
Random $h!t Thread - Part VI 
Legend

I believe in climate change, just incredibly sceptical of such a large consensus with little dissent and major political backing. That's incredibly unusual.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:36 am
Official forum cat lady

pcernie wrote:
I believe in climate change, just incredibly sceptical of such a large consensus with little dissent and major political backing. That's incredibly unusual.

Well I'm sure Donny (we must be friends by now, I've tweeted him lots) will be blowing us all up soon so we won't have to worry about it

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:42 am
What's a life?

pcernie wrote:

It's not that unusual to have general consensus in science in fact. Pretty much all scientists agree gravity and magnetism exist and how they work for example, even though we don't entirely know what their processes are. Of course in the past there has been consensus around things that turned out to be wrong (Sun, Earth etc) and that's also part of science - you believe the data until better data comes along.

Right now, the best data we have says anthropogenic climate change is a thing, to a degree of certainty that is very high. Until we get data that says otherwise, pretty much any serious scientist is going to go with it.

In any case, as a famous cartoon I saw says, if we act as if man made climate change is real and in 50 years time it turns out it wasn't, we can stand up and say 'what, we made the world a much better place for nothing'? Finding cleaner energy, reducing pollution, breaking our dependence on fossil fuels etc.. these are all good things to do of themselves, the fact they will fight climate change isn't the only valid reason for doing them

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:51 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Hmm, IP phones confuse me.

I've had to move office (to a completely different building). I've plugged in my IP phone and, through it, my PC. My PC connects to the company network without issue but my IP phone can't seem to find an IP address it's happy with.
Hopefully IT can get to the bottom of it fairly soon. On the other hand, it's nice not having to answer the phone at the moment :D

Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:34 am
Site Admin

davrosG5 wrote:

I've had to move office (to a completely different building). I've plugged in my IP phone and, through it, my PC. My PC connects to the company network without issue but my IP phone can't seem to find an IP address it's happy with.
Hopefully IT can get to the bottom of it fairly soon. On the other hand, it's nice not having to answer the phone at the moment :D

The switch port either isn't trunked or isn't passing the correct VLAN's to the phone
I'd guess it's got POE enabled but is only on the data VLAN (probably as an access port).

Either that or somebody hasn't set IPhelper correctly on the switch ;)

I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Official forum cat lady

saspro wrote:
davrosG5 wrote:

The switch port either isn't trunked or isn't passing the correct VLAN's to the phone
I'd guess it's got POE enabled but is only on the data VLAN (probably as an access port).

Yep this.

It's more than likely the port hasn't been configured properly

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:10 pm
What's a life?

My initial thoughts as well.

Also, the IP phones we have only have 100mbps through ports (OpenStage), so we disable the through port.

We are moving to a new VLAN structure and not settig the correct VLAN tags on the switch ports can cause problems.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:15 pm
Profile ICQ
Official forum cat lady

big_D wrote:
My initial thoughts as well.

Also, the IP phones we have only have 100mbps through ports (OpenStage), so we disable the through port.

We are moving to a new VLAN structure and not settig the correct VLAN tags on the switch ports can cause problems.

You can get 1gb phones too so it depends on what he's got

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:16 pm
Legend

Re climate change (lost an entire reply before). Not enough dissenting voices are being heard when many are naturally sceptical having heard all sorts of doom-mongering down the years.

Recent months have shown why we regularly need different opinions aired otherwise one side's tale will eventually become unchallenged propaganda.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:59 pm

oceanicitl wrote:
saspro wrote:
davrosG5 wrote:

Yep this.

It's more than likely the port hasn't been configured properly

In the end all it took was clearing down the phone settings and then it all configured first time on reboot. Naturally IT don't tell you how to do this (until they realise they'll have to come over to the arse end of the site again to do it to another phone).
Yes, 100 mbps Ethernet connections all over the shop. Most of the stuff going over the network is e-mail, VOIP and the odd Office document so for most of the time it's perfectly acceptable.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:34 pm
Official forum cat lady

davrosG5 wrote:
In the end all it took was clearing down the phone settings and then it all configured first time on reboot. Naturally IT don't tell you how to do this (until they realise they'll have to come over to the arse end of the site again to do it to another phone).
Yes, 100 mbps Ethernet connections all over the shop. Most of the stuff going over the network is e-mail, VOIP and the odd Office document so for most of the time it's perfectly acceptable.

Clearing the values as we call it. It's possible it had been programed with an IP rather than DHCP. The phones are like mini computers and most of the fixes are quite simple.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:38 pm

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:14 pm
Legend

Well, call her!

Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:23 pm

And yes, it is the real one as used in the film released 40 (yes, 40) years ago.

Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:05 pm

Marvel has a comic generator on its website.
http://marvel.com/games/play/34/create_your_own_comic

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317 ... 332  Next