Reply to topic  [ 4975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318 ... 332  Next
Random $h!t Thread - Part VI 
What's a life?

1. Had cause to visit an Apple Genius Bar for help this week. My 6S battery has been depleting quickly and the phone shuts off at random charge states eg 60%, 33% etc. Figuring it may be one of the defective batches, I went to the local store. No idea you have to make an appointment to see someone there until I was told by one of the guys there. They booked me an appointment but I had a 90 minute wait. But they also booked for a technician call back and said they could do a battery diagnostic over 3G/4G. I was called within five minutes and the guy (who sounded like that Win98 bit of software "Alive text to speech" but with an american accent) checked and said my phone wasn't in the defective batch but the diagnostic would require a wifi connection. Had to arrange for a callback for when I returned home. They verified the battery was fine and I probably just needed a software update. Up until this point, I'd never had an encounter with Apple Support nor had I needed to go to the Genius Bar (I've been to Apple stores mainly to look at tech or timewaste until SWMBO was ready).

2. It's been snowing here, despite being sunny all day. I had hope it'd warm up by now but evidently not.

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:40 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Anyone stopped eating japanese imported food due to the radioactivity etc? and contamination that will soon find and kill us all, I think california got hit first, lots of sea creatures dead now, maybe theyll end up glowing in the dark

Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:16 pm
What's a life?

What We're Fighting For

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:47 pm

brataccas wrote:
Anyone stopped eating japanese imported food due to the radioactivity etc? and contamination that will soon find and kill us all, I think california got hit first, lots of sea creatures dead now, maybe theyll end up glowing in the dark

I was shocked to read about the very high levels of radioactivity from Fukushima. Maybe Godzilla is on the way at last.

Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:33 pm
Legend

Paul1965 wrote:
brataccas wrote:

I was shocked to read about the very high levels of radioactivity from Fukushima. Maybe Godzilla is on the way at last.

Saw a headline earlier that said Trump backed Japan 100%. Not sure why, but I wouldn't be surprised if he HAS been watching Godzilla.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:46 pm
What's a life?

pcernie wrote:
Saw a headline earlier that said Trump backed Japan 100%.

He couldn't even do that right. Instead of saying 'stand right beside Japan' he said 'stand right behind Japan' if North Korea got a bit fighty. If you think about it, that's a rather different thing.

Still, what can you expect from a draft-dodger.

Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:56 pm

Paul1965 wrote:

and it will just keep getting worse and worse, nowadays is a bad time to have children they will just end up sick and irradiated, If you have kids at the moment, chances are theyll be dead before they turn into a teenager.

pcernie apparently the fukushima builders were contracted by some military Israeli company, trump is a puppet of Israel, connect the dots....

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:03 pm

Will an HDMI signal ouput to a screen through an RCA converter without any other electronic conversion between?

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:46 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

timark_uk wrote:
Will an HDMI signal ouput to a screen through an RCA converter without any other electronic conversion between?

This is how I ran my PS3 until I bought an HDMI cable.
I also used a WDTV streaming box in the same way as the the TV had only one HDMI input.
(I presume you're talking about HDMI -> RCA cables).

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:39 am
Legend

Am I right in thinking so long as the converter does sound you're sweet?

Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:27 am
What's a life?

RCA - IIRC red and white leads do sound, yellow does video.

Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:51 pm

This is what I thought.
I know someone that wants to hook-up an external screen to their digital camera so they can view the image in live-view mode. They want to do this by taking the feed out of the HDMI into a composite and from that into the screen.
Another of my friends commented saying it wouldn't work as they want to convert a digital signal (HDMI) to a composite signal (anologue) without any electronic conversion.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:17 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Should be fine though depends on the output from the camera. They often have weird sized HDMI output connectors and some use mini-USB as well. I'd google camera model and look at the instruction manual - sometimes they don't allow live view or the camera has to be tethered in a specific way.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:26 am
What's a life?

So apparently Kim Jung's half brother was killed with VX nerve agent? WTF? A drop of that stuff will kill a whole town. It's so utterly poisonous the main problem with it is not killing yourself before you get to use it. Utterly mental. Whatever the delivery mechanism they could easily have killed a lot of innocent people.

Obviously, the victim was also innocent. But it could have been a bloodbath rather than an assassination.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:29 pm

jonbwfc wrote:
So apparently Kim Jung's half brother was killed with VX nerve agent? WTF? A drop of that stuff will kill a whole town. It's so utterly poisonous the main problem with it is not killing yourself before you get to use it. Utterly mental. Whatever the delivery mechanism they could easily have killed a lot of innocent people.

Obviously, the victim was also innocent. But it could have been a bloodbath rather than an assassination.

Well, quite.
Mind you, certainly to an external observer, sanity or a consideration of adverse consequences doesn't seem to be too high on the list of things Kim-Jong Un is troubled by.
Thing is, if it had been an atrocity it could easily be considered an act of war but who'd want to take on a country run by a nut job with nukes and also apparently chemical weapons?

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318 ... 332  Next