Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
What to do? 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Do you ever feel like there is too much stuff to do?

I don't mean like you've got to clean the house and pay your bills and stuff. Just things that I would like to do.

I really want to...

Learn the guitar.
Improve my baking (yes random).
Improve my table tennis.
Write my own apps in my own time.
Meet someone (lol).
Improve my fitness.
Run some more races.
Save money.
Buy a house.
etc...
etc...

It's getting to the point now where I just don't know what to do and so I just don't do anything.

Everything requires a lot of time to invest in it and there just isn't enough time to do all of them. I spent a while learning the guitar and then started playing table tennis on an evening and so stopped playing the guitar (not on purpose it just got displaced). Then I started doing my apps again and stopped the table tennis. Now I've been baking every now and then but haven't been doing anything on my apps.

I don't really ever go out so meeting someone is out of the question at the moment.

Online dating is entirely superficial and it seems that unless you're a fracking underwear model then you don't get any interest from it at all.

I end up just sitting watching TV all day and not doing anything.

Is it just me?

JJW009 wrote:
The count will go up until they stop counting. That's the way counting works.

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:04 am
Profile WWW

Fogmeister wrote:
Is it just me?
No.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:19 am
Profile WWW
Legend

timark_uk wrote:
Fogmeister wrote:
Is it just me?
No.

Mark

+1.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:56 am

Fogmeister wrote:
I don't really ever go out so meeting someone is out of the question at the moment.

Online dating is entirely superficial and it seems that unless you're a fracking underwear model then you don't get any interest from it at all.

I end up just sitting watching TV all day and not doing anything.

Is it just me?

It's not just you - I often end up procrastinating on these forums because I don't know which project to start, and so many projects go unfinished. I tend to lose interest once I have proven to my own satisfaction that I could do it if I wanted, although very rarely something comes along which I'm proud to do a proper job on.

However, I don't think online dating has to be superficial. I'm no underwear model, believe me, but I've met some great women on line and had serious, lasting, meaningful and monogamous relationships with some. Before I do something twutish and mess it up, but that last part isn't compulsory.

When you're feeling too silly for x404, youRwired.net

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:12 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
I wish I had time to do things I wanted to do. Children consume all your free time.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:16 am
Profile WWW

l3v1ck wrote:
I wish I had time to do things I wanted to do. Children consume all your free time.

Well if children are on your list of things you want, then the other things have to be arranged around them. They won't always be there, and they weren't there before.

Presumably you did the dating thing before the children thing, so actually that's two things off the list already!

When you're feeling too silly for x404, youRwired.net

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:25 am
Profile WWW

I wish I had children to take up all my time. That would be awesome.

JJW009 wrote:
The count will go up until they stop counting. That's the way counting works.

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:10 am
Profile WWW

pcernie wrote:
timark_uk wrote:
Fogmeister wrote:
Is it just me?
No.

Mark

+1.

+2

I'm reaching an age where I know some of the things I wanted to do when I was younger are simply never going to happen. It comes as a bit of a jolt when you realise it. :(

However, I try to be rational about it. I keep making plans to do things - there's a huge list for 2013 - but I'm realistic enough to know some may not happen for various reasons. Things that are never going to happen, realistically, are simply stored deeper in my head marked "Just In Case", and I try to concentrate on the things that I can achieve right now or in the foreseeable future. I also realise there are times when I just have to accept I am not going to achieve everything in life.

Sorry. Bit rambling, but existential stuff like this causes me to ramble.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:32 am
What's a life?

Tell me about it. I thought by the age of 30, I'd be a masked vigilante striking terror into the hearts of criminals. Inmanaged to do quite a bit during university - weightlifting and physical fitness was good, was indulging a few hobbies. Just didn't have cash to do everything I wanted.

As soon as I started working, I had zero time for anything. Go to work, come home and study. Even the amount of time I have for gaming has dramatically dropped. I used to be able to put in at least 3 solid hours a night. Now I can barely manage 1 h.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:23 am
Legend

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Tell me about it. I thought by the age of 30, I'd be a masked vigilante striking terror into the hearts of criminals. Inmanaged to do quite a bit during university - weightlifting and physical fitness was good, was indulging a few hobbies. Just didn't have cash to do everything I wanted.

As soon as I started working, I had zero time for anything. Go to work, come home and study. Even the amount of time I have for gaming has dramatically dropped. I used to be able to put in at least 3 solid hours a night. Now I can barely manage 1 h.

Yes but think of it as vigilant training. ;)

"You are gifted. Mine is bordering on seven seconds."

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTg5MzczNTk

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/wwwx404couk-21

Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:37 am
What's a life?

l3v1ck wrote:

+1 and a fiance who won't let me sit around and do nothing, there is always something that needs doing around the house!

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:13 am
Profile ICQ
Doesn't have much of a life

Old fashioned answer...

your own little book of lists and ticks :D

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Fogmeister wrote:
Learn the guitar.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rocksmith-Real- ... B007KGI9C8

Fogmeister wrote:
Improve my baking (yes random).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baking-Dummies- ... 045&sr=1-1

Fogmeister wrote:
Improve my table tennis.

play a similar themed computer game, its amazing how much it improves your reaction time and hand to eye :evil:

Fogmeister wrote:
Write my own apps in my own time.

lunch breaks? or on sundays? :(

Fogmeister wrote:
Meet someone (lol).

assuming you are more normal than me you should keep going to those running cycling events, surely theres female species that enjoy that too? probably best to get to talk to someone there. It's a way of 100% proving you are fit too :evil: and apparently girls like fit males

Fogmeister wrote:
Improve my fitness.

see above

Fogmeister wrote:
Run some more races.

see above, or organise sponsored a charity run for blind/deaf/disabled/damaged people(?) just an idea :cry:

Fogmeister wrote:
Save money.

Ban yourself from amazon/ebay and all those other unnecessary gimmick things you buy :x

Fogmeister wrote:
Buy a house.

If you are living alone why not buy a static caravan? would save you money too I think :cry:

[/quote]

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:21 pm

brataccas wrote:
Fogmeister wrote:
Save money.

Ban yourself from amazon/ebay and all those other unnecessary gimmick things you buy :x

Anyone else spot the problem here? ;) :lol:

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:25 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

You've got a pretty big list there and perhaps that's part of the problem. Maybe just pick one or two and concentrate on them for while to see if they are things you really want to do.

As a musician myself, I suggest that you have a go at learning the guitar. If you follow that up with joining a band you may find yourself accomplishing some more items on your list is a side benefit. Also don't think that you need to be a fantastic musician before you start playing with others, unless of course your aim is to play something like technical metal. I've got away with being a very average guitar and bass player for almost 40 years now and I've had no shortage of musical opportunities.

What ever you decide - good luck!

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next