Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 62  Next
Brexit Britain 
Spends far too much time on here

@paulzolo. i was referring to the exit deal going before parliament, if passed (unlikely), it would seem there is a get out of jail card with this convention ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:06 pm
What's a life?

MrStevenRogers wrote:
@paulzolo. i was referring to the exit deal going before parliament, if passed (unlikely), it would seem there is a get out of jail card with this convention ...

I didn’t know that would apply in this kind of situation too, which is interesting to know. Seems there are a few get out of gaol (tee hee) cards floating around.

My MP, Vicky Ford, was on the Victoria Derbyshire programme yesterday. She seemed totally incapable in answering the simple question: did she expect the deal to be voted down next week. She kept turning it around, and was asked about three or four times. The other two in the discussion - also Conservatives - were quite able to answer this question. One was in the ERG too, so you’d expect him to answer “yes” (which he did). The other, who was on May’s side also believed that the agreement would be rejected, just based on the numbers (which is what everyone says). I think my MP’s brown-nosing up the greasy pole. She had been clearly given things to say, and was going to say them.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:32 am
What's a life?

Quote:
Ministers will order pharmacists to ration drugs if UK crashes out

Pharmacists will overrule GPs to ration drugs under a no-deal Brexit, The Times has learnt.

Ministers will order them to alter prescriptions without first contacting the patient’s GP in order to mitigate any extreme shortages, according to a leaked document.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ab72 ... c2d31f2a89

(Sorry, Times Paywall - this seems to be an exclusive for them at the moment)

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Ministers will have the power to overrule doctors’ prescriptions in case medicines run out after Brexit. Urgent government consultation launched on Tuesday, leaked to The Times

https://twitter.com/hzeffman/status/1070936000841609217

Quote:
Under the plans, ministers could tell pharmacies to give patients:
- a reduced quantity
- an alternative dosage
- a therapeutic equivalent
- a generic equivalent

How does the govt intend to take the power to do this? Remember Henry VIII powers from 2017? Yep. Using those.

https://twitter.com/hzeffman/status/1070949092078039041

This is deeply concerning. The inhaler I use has no genric that I am aware of. Alternatives have been ineffective (or have become ineffctive as time went on, which is why I no longer take it), and one that followed that caused me side effects which made my Asthma nurse take me off it PDQ. So, this is a situation where a pharmacists with no access to your medical history, can make a substitution which could be potentially dangerous to the patient. As my GP surgery has gone to electronic prescriptions, I can’t shop around with a paper one in the chance that one of the other local ones may have what I need in stock. I am tied to the one local to them, unless (I guess), I ask to be taken off the electronic prescription system.

But, yeah. [LIFTED] those people who need drugs because foreigners and blue passports.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:46 am
What's a life?

I don't see a problem with using generics if they are in greater supply than the "original", if they are of the same dosage and don't have anything else in them. But the rest sounds downright dangerous.

Here I get the meds I need, but the Krankenkasse* decides on the brand - whether I get a cheap generic, the brand they currently have a deal with or the original. The apothercary can offer me a cheaper generic, if they don't have the prescribed brand in stock, but they can't offer me an alternative dosage or drug (or I can go elsewhere).

*Krankenkasse - the German system is a mix between the British public health system and private health insurance. It is a state run health system, but there are several insurance companies that deal with the subscriptions and payments to hospitals and doctors, etc. The money for the health insurance is deducted from wages, just like in the UK, but instead of going into the Government coffers, it goes to the health insurance company. I can change insurance company, if I feel they have a better deal for my medical conditions, although they have a right to refuse if you have known, chronic illness, but your current insurance company can't cancel its contract with you.

If you are self-employed you have to have private medical insurance.

Unemployed get the health insurance payments as part of their benefits, this goes into their health insurance company of choice. For long term unemployed, there is a state run insurance group, I believe.

Children and students are generally covered by their parents.

I can also take out additional health insurance, to get a private room in the hospital or to cover all dental work (only a percentage of the bill for fillings, bridge work etc. is covered by the Krankenkasse, the more regular your trips to the dentist for a check-up - i.e. twice a year - the higher the percentage that they pay).

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:18 pm
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

big_D wrote:
I don't see a problem with using generics if they are in greater supply than the "original", if they are of the same dosage and don't have anything else in them. But the rest sounds downright dangerous.

For my reliever inhaler, there are generics (Salbutamol). For the preventer (Symbicort), as far as I am aware, there is currently no generic. So a substitution would have to be a completely different drug.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:52 pm
What's a life?

paulzolo wrote:
big_D wrote:

For my reliever inhaler, there are generics (Salbutamol). For the preventer (Symbicort), as far as I am aware, there is currently no generic. So a substitution would have to be a completely different drug.

Which is my point, Salbutamol can be replaced by a generic, Symbicort doesn't have a generic, so the pharmacist (in Germany) could not legally give you an alternative, they would have to order it, send you to another pharmacist or refer you back to the doctor so they can write out a prescription for something else. As I said, changing the active ingredient (or adding additional AIs to the mix) should be illegal and is downright dangerous.

Last edited by big_D on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:39 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

Quote:
Brexit: Theresa May understood to be delaying key vote
Theresa May is to call-off Tuesday's crucial vote on her Brexit deal in the face of what was expected to be a significant defeat by Tory rebels.

Government sources have said the prime minister is set to tell MPs about the delay in a statement at 15:30 GMT.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46509288

Dunning-Kruger effect in full force here, I think. The whole Brexit thing has been a display of this form of cognitive bias, but we must be peaking. Anyway, I understand that as the Meaningful Vote has been logged in the HoC’s schedule, any delay has to be VOTED ON by MPs.

So, May COULD lose a vote to delay a vote that she could lose.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:48 pm
What's a life?

Andy Serkis as T. May.
https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/statu ... 0678028289

Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:54 pm
What's a life?

Today is going to be interesting. There’s a vote of no confidence in the Tory Party this evening, and the result should be out at about 9pm.

I think I’ve had enough “interesting” days this week, and it’s only Wednesday.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:39 am
What's a life?

Quote:
Rolls-Royce confirms transfer of work from Derby to Germany

Rolls-Royce has announced that it will be shifting work from Derby to Germany to limit disruption caused by Brexit .

The company confirmed in a trading update today that it is to transfer design approval work for its large aero engines away from Derby.

Engines designed and built by the firm, which has its civil aerospace division in Sinfin ,have to be signed off by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/b ... gGD3FOhkZA

Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:29 pm
What's a life?

Boah! I had to deselect 275 third party cookies from their privacy list! :shock:

Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:55 pm
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

big_D wrote:
Boah! I had to deselect 275 third party cookies from their privacy list! :shock:

Yeah. There’s a lot of that about, and all those local newspaper sites all seem to be getting their cookies from the same place. All those choices are ON as well (should be off). I’ve yet to find a way to complain to the ICO about these.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:07 pm
What's a life?

Well, my MP has not been able to give me assurances that my prescription medicines will be freely available after Brexit. The best she can do is say that she’s against a “No Deal”.

So that adds some extra anxiety to the whole thing. Will Brexit make my asthma worse? Right now, I can’t help but think that anyone who voted for this is a Grade A1 Moron.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:48 pm
What's a life?

John Oliver explaining what the fcuk us going on to Americans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H95Rxel1Ijs

He also says why we, in the UK, are not allowed to see certain parts of this segment.

Also, other Americans think we’re a bloody joke:
https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1 ... 0706785281

And the Germans:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/10 ... gle-market

I mean, look at us. LOOK AT US. We’ve lost all credibility on the international stage.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:57 pm
What's a life?

I got my citizenship test certificate on Saturday, 30/33 points, I needed 17 to qualify.

The language test result has arrived at home, so waiting to see what that says.

Then I can apply for citizenship.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:15 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 62  Next