Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
decorating ... 
Spends far too much time on here

in the last few weeks we have managed to fully decorate the living/dining area, kitchen and upstairs bathroom including tileing and two bedrooms. hallway, stairwell and downstairs bathroom have been undercoated ready for the final coats of paint. just the vinyl flooring to lay and the new furniture to place in the bedrooms and living/dining area. the last room to be decorated will be, as always, our bedroom.

plus start a new bus driving job next week with less hours. been a very busy month ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Wed May 17, 2017 2:23 pm
Legend

I know the decorating feeling, currently got the builders in but I'll have stuff to do myself afterwards...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Wed May 17, 2017 3:42 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Thankfully for the last bout of decorating we did it while having an extension built so got the builders to do that at the same time

SWMBO though has been eyeing up our bedroom and making noises about it needing doing - should be able to stall her for a year though

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Thu May 18, 2017 7:12 am

well the new vinyl flooring has been laid in the upstairs bathroom and bedroom and is looking good. there is enough vinyl left from the bathroom (because of the bath and shower) to lay in the downstairs toilet, which is also painted the same colour, as i laid it out and cut it in one piece to fit (+1cm) then trimmed with a wallpaper cutter after laying. i will lay that after putting the final paint on. to everyone decorating its hard graft but the end result and finish is well worth the effort ...

Thu May 18, 2017 1:43 pm
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Vinyl flooring is great. We've got wood effect in the kitchen and tile effect in the bathroom. It works very well.

Fri May 19, 2017 8:58 am
Profile WWW

It was “fun” laying it in our utility room – lots of ins and out to cut just right – thankfully a mate is an ex floor / carpet layer so he came and gave me a hand

Had enough from the roll (ordered a 3m length and was sent a 4m length) to do the garage so the bike now sits on some natty slate tile effect vinyl

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Fri May 19, 2017 9:27 am

I really should finish decorating the bathroom (started last year :oops: )
In my defence, the bits that mainly need doing are painting the hot water and heating pipes that are exposed and I ran out of time when I didn't need the heating on last year. But yeah, apathy rules!

Fri May 19, 2017 9:51 am

just finished putting the wardrobe, chester draws, TV table (bedroom), shelving unit (living room) and bathroom cabinet units together.
day off DIY tomorrow as its my 60th birthday. the whole family are out for Sunday dinner to celebrate. start the new job Monday so will have to fit the last of the DIY in over the next few weeks but nearly there, so close yet so far from getting the house back in order and completion ...

Sat May 20, 2017 3:25 pm

l3v1ck wrote:
Vinyl flooring is great. We've got wood effect in the kitchen and tile effect in the bathroom. It works very well.

we have wood, old oak, effect in the dining area and tile, white and light pink, in the living room. parquet pattern in the bathroom, distressed white in the small bedroom and pine in the large bedroom our bedroom has yet to be decided on.

a few days off work (this 4 day week is great) and am now painting the hallway in cream with all edges/frames/skirting brilliant white with black & white marble vinyl flooring.

oh well back to the grind, no rest for the wicked so they say ...

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]