Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Manchester Arena blast: 19 dead and more than 50 hurt 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

BBC News Link here

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Tue May 23, 2017 5:52 am
Profile WWW

Update: It's now 22 victims. Let's pray that number doesn't get any higher. :(

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Tue May 23, 2017 6:02 am
Profile WWW

Early reports suggesting it was a nail/shrapnel bomb. I have a horrible feeling 22 won't be the end of it.

Tue May 23, 2017 6:11 am

Ariana Grande concert - so the place was likely packed with kids.

W@nker!

Tue May 23, 2017 7:07 am
What's a life?

Sickening. Especially more so since it's probably young kids.

EDIT: Lee Rigby died on 22nd May. Wonder if it's related.

Tue May 23, 2017 8:30 am
What's a life?

I doubt we'll ever know.

As some of you may know, I work in the centre of Manchester, and I've lived and/or worked in Manchester most of my adult life. I was in the city centre when the IRA bomb went off in 1996. I saw how the city reacted to that and I'm seeing the same reaction to this. The act was hateful and barbaric and monstrous, and there are some ... dickheads who will always use an atrocity to push their own agenda but Mancunians as a rule have no time for hatred. We've got better things to do, better people to be. We will mourn our lost and care for our wounded, and then we will get on, and get on with each other. This city of Red Devils and Blue Mondays, of Lowry and Lovell, Halle and Hacienda, it will not be scared or pushed or browbeaten. There's only one appropriate message to send to the people who did this and those that helped them.

Tue May 23, 2017 5:36 pm

jonbwfc wrote:
I doubt we'll ever know.

As some of you may know, I work in the centre of Manchester, and I've lived and/or worked in Manchester most of my adult life. I was in the city centre when the IRA bomb went off in 1996. I saw how the city reacted to that and I'm seeing the same reaction to this. The act was hateful and barbaric and monstrous, and there are some ... dickheads who will always use an atrocity to push their own agenda but Mancunians as a rule have no time for hatred. We've got better things to do, better people to be. We will mourn our lost and care for our wounded, and then we will get on, and get on with each other. This city of Red Devils and Blue Mondays, of Lowry and Lovell, Halle and Hacienda, it will not be scared or pushed or browbeaten. There's only one appropriate message to send to the people who did this and those that helped them.

Well said, Jon.

I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Tue May 23, 2017 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
Spends far too much time on here

jonbwfc wrote:
I doubt we'll ever know.

may the died RIP my heart goes out to them.

but ...

the enemy is already within and no one seems to see it.

there over 400 IS fighters who have returned to the UK. 3000+ suspects under watch. time to harden up. kick them and their whole families out and anyone who supports them. time to make a stand. your choice you choose. how many more will it take for anybody to realises we are at war ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Tue May 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Trying to use this as a rallying cry for your bigoted agenda is pretty [LIFTED] low.

Tue May 23, 2017 8:34 pm

Spreadie wrote:
Trying to use this as a rallying cry for your bigoted agenda is pretty [LIFTED] low.

please relay that to the parents of the deceased ...

Tue May 23, 2017 8:37 pm
What's a life?

MrStevenRogers wrote:
Spreadie wrote:

Steven, as a resident of Manchester, can I just say one thing? [LIFTED] off. You do NOT say 'I told you so' standing over the bodies of murdered children.

Last edited by jonbwfc on Wed May 24, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue May 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Some reflection on events from Mr Biffo:
A FEW WORDS FOR MANCHESTER - BY MR BIFFO
The comments section makes for an interesting read as well.

Wed May 24, 2017 11:18 am

MrStevenRogers wrote:
may the died RIP my heart goes out to them.

but ...

the enemy is already within and no one seems to see it.

there over 400 IS fighters who have returned to the UK. 3000+ suspects under watch. time to harden up. kick them and their whole families out and anyone who supports them. time to make a stand. your choice you choose. how many more will it take for anybody to realises we are at war ...

UK and US government is funding these barbarians aswell as Israel and Saudi arabia so yes you are right it is most certainly from within, police state in england I reckon pretty soon..

jonbwfc wrote:
Steven, as a resident of Manchester, can I just say one thing? [LIFTED] off.

still living with your eyes wide shut it seems

quite ironic that guy in the 1930s warned us all about what is happaning now

Wed May 24, 2017 5:57 pm

jonbwfc wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:
Spreadie wrote:

Steven, as a resident of Manchester, can I just say one thing? [LIFTED] off. You do NOT say 'I told you so' standing over the bodies of murdered children.

i will answer because of the edit ...

i will say i told you so and keep repeating it until you and others see clearly up to and including it hits you smack in the face right between the eyes.
i will do so without fear, lett or any kind of hindrance of any kind in any way shape or form.

i will not be silenced by the so called pc brigade. i will stand up for the bodies of the murdered children and others (7/7, Lee Rigby, Westminster), each and every one of them, and wish that returned to the enemy 10 fold plus much much more.

i will do it with MY blood MY sweat and MY tears if needs be, but come hell on earth I will make sure and support it happening ...

MY heart bleeds for the victims but the only way to stop this is to remove the enemy from within the UK or go to FULL outright war within the UK.
as stated your choice, you choose. have a nice day as you are still breathing many are not, i would sooner the enemy died rather then you or ours.

may they RIP with my full and utmost respect to them and their families forever and always Amen ...

Thu May 25, 2017 6:00 pm
Legend

Manchester attacks: MI5 probes bomber 'warnings' - BBC News
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40080646

As ever, they knew who and what he was and decided he wasn't high enough up the food chain... and allegedly the FBI warned MI5 an attack was imminent from him in January.

It's either ineptitude, done deliberately. or both. They keep getting it wrong; I've been saying that for months. What's the point of gathering all that information if you have no fcuking clue how to use it effectively?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Mon May 29, 2017 10:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next