Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Doctor Who S11/37 

paulzolo wrote:
timark_uk wrote:
John_Vella wrote:
Not to pick nits, but didn't Tennant's Doctor do something very similar with the alien/witches in the Shakespeare episode?
You're citing one episode out of multiple seasons, and that incarnation of The Doctor had displayed much in the way of empathy towards other races, even ones that had done terrible things.
The current Doctor seems to have lost any sense of justice towards any wrong doing.
I shall posit that this may be because it‘s not been run by someone who really cares that much about the series. People were cautious, if not downright wary about Chibnall taking it on, and I’d say that in part, their concerns have been met. He’s basically done what those who created The Librarians did - make a Dr Who like series but without it really being Dr Who (to avoid any copyright claims).
I suppose we've been a bit spolied with both RTD and Steven Moffat both loving the show so much that their care for the character of The Doctor through the ages was reflected in their stewardship of the show.
I suppose it's possible that the current guy in charge doesn't give a sh!t about all that.
It just seems a bit like when JNT took over the show and the creative changes he made to the direction of the show. That seems to be, to my thinking at least, a little reflected in the current run of episodes.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:19 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

timark_uk wrote:
I suppose we've been a bit spolied with both RTD and Steven Moffat both loving the show so much that their care for the character of The Doctor through the ages was reflected in their stewardship of the show.
I suppose it's possible that the current guy in charge doesn't give a sh!t about all that.
It just seems a bit like when JNT took over the show and the creative changes he made to the direction of the show. That seems to be, to my thinking at least, a little reflected in the current run of episodes.

Mark

Yeah, JNT made a few changes that at the time made me feel uncomfortable at the time. I’ve mentioned them before, so I won’t mention them again. It does feel as if they’ve got *someone* to do the job because the person they wanted is suddenly not available. One rumour was that Anthony Hororwitz was on the cards as a show runner. He might have given us a different Who but also was more careful about retaining the Doctor’s character and heritage. Right now, it feels like we have a new show, and the BBC decided at the last minute to allow the TARDIS o be used.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:32 am
What's a life?

No new Who series until 2020. Has someone been told to rethink?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46501393

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:39 am

paulzolo wrote:
No new Who series until 2020. Has someone been told to rethink?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46501393
The thing is, viewing figures are good, at least for the U.K., I don't know how well it's been performing overseas, but as far as numbers go, it's a success.
From a personal perspective, I've heard considerably more negetave things regarding this season than previous seasons, which is odd when you consider what I just wrote above.
It seems to have been a very divisive run of episodes.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3