This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
***Competition time*** Design a logo 
Has a life

ok... its a Mac!!!

If you click on it i've tried to put it into context as a forum header... hasn't worked very well, but you get the idea.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:40 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

Gryphon wrote:
If you click on it i've tried to put it into context as a forum header... hasn't worked very well, but you get the idea.

I'm sorry to be a spoil-sport again, but I don't think we could even use the names. I would imagine they are trademarked and I would imagine we'd need some kind of permission to use them in an "Official" advertising banner.

The last thing saspro wants is a week in court against our friends at Dennis :D

Peter.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:44 pm
Has a life

pg2114 wrote:
I'm sorry to be a spoil-sport again, but I don't think we could even use the names. I would imagine they are trademarked and I would imagine we'd need some kind of permission to use them in an "Official" advertising banner.

The last thing saspro wants is a week in court against our friends at Dennis :D

Peter.

Yeh... i wasn't sure. There are people who don't want them there anyway, but when i got rid of them, i couldnt think of anything to fill the space with, so they remained. They are very easy to get rid of. i just need to think of something good to replace them with.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:49 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Gryphon wrote:
Yeh... i wasn't sure. There are people who don't want them there anyway, but when i got rid of them, i couldnt think of anything to fill the space with, so they remained. They are very easy to get rid of. i just need to think of something good to replace them with.

I'm one of those people.

However, we could plagiarise the titles slightly.

Mac users, PC Customisers & Professionals.

Something along those lines?

robin wrote:
methinks that perhaps an extension of the deadline (maybe a week) might allow for other latecomers to the party to add input/suggestions/modifications? I know what I've put up is rubbish, but my hope is that it might just nudge a few shy ones to add their efforts – one never knows what might emerge from such an environment does one?

I think an extension might be good too. We're not in any real hurry are we? Taking time to meld the various ideas seems wise.

Oh, and happy to see you found us Robin :)

When you're feeling too silly for x404, youRwired.net

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Has a life

I've had another go - and here it is:

Well, you did ask for suggestions for taglines - and it is very democratic ;)

Great to see so much creativity flowing here!

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
Profile WWW

Gryphon wrote:
ok... its a Mac!!!

Is this not more of a banner than a logo though?

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:24 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Take the "By The People" bit from the second to last post and replace the mag names on the last post wit hit.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Spends far too much time on here

just for a laugh …

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Has a life

I can put the for the people bit in... it doesnt exactly describe what the forum is about though. I could also replace it with "The Forums for: General Chat, Windows, Linux, Mac" (in that order because they are consecutively shorter...not because i prefer windows and linux to mac... :? )

Ive just given the suggestions because i seem to be posting a few too many revisions of it up :lol:

It is a banner. the logo would just be the X404.co.uk bit, which can be made very small and still be readable.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:26 pm
Has a life

Gryphon wrote:
I can put the for the people bit in... it doesnt exactly describe what the forum is about though. I could also replace it with "The Forums for: General Chat, Windows, Linux, Mac"

General Chat
Windows
Linux
Mac

That's really poetic, if you read it aloud, and in that special funny voice bad poets use for reading their own stuff. ;)

Perhaps we could get Tom Baker to record it and have the sound play on mouseover of the banner... :lol:

Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:34 pm
Profile WWW
Occasionally has a life

Not a serious entry, but I liked JJ's pie based strapline, and I was bored, so I thought I'd try and get my head around Photoshop. I couldn't...

Like so many times before and feeling a bead of sweat form on his sun-beaten brow, the dog launched himself upwards, jaws open, full of expectation edged with uncertainty, to retrieve the flying disc from it's azimuth; no dog had done this before.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:18 pm
Occasionally has a life

Electric_Wizard wrote:
Not a serious entry, but I liked JJ's pie based strapline, and I was bored, so I thought I'd try and get my head around Photoshop. I couldn't...

LOL that's a good 'un :lol:

yours wecrookie :shock:

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:30 pm

Nice to to see the pie efforts. :D

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:02 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12