Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Fan cabling to Rampage II Extreme 
Has a life

Hi Guys,
Looking for some help again :oops:
I am wanting to use the fan cables supplied with the DarkPower Pro850 to power the main fans in my Antec 1200 - so far no issues.
I do want to then connect these to the Rampage II Extreme to take advantage of it's fan speed software, however,
the DPP850 has a 3pin male connect & the board 3pin female. I have checked on Scan to see if I can find some 3pin female - female connector but cannot find them.
Am I doing this right?

Mon May 04, 2009 7:13 pm
Occasionally has a life

the 3-pin connectors on the PSU are for the 'post shut-down cooling' any fans hooked up to those will spin for a few minutes after the rest of the pc has turned off... you don;t hook them up to the motherboard fan headers [though if i recall there is a 3-pin that goes to a fan header to report the RPM of the psu fan]... but it's an either-or thing... you *either* have them hooked to the PSU or to the motherboard... i have the same PSU and case and I have the case fans [except the roof one] hooked up to the PSU fan things, [as they're all molex anyway]... the roof fan is hooked up to a standard molex [i didn't spin up using the fan ones] and the fan I shoved on the side [which seems to have done sweet FA] to a header on the motherboard.

also the fans on the 1200 have speed control switches on them [on the back ones... rheostats on the front ones] which control the speed so there isn't much need to hook them up to the mobo anyway

Mon May 04, 2009 8:06 pm
Has a life

Thanks for the advice m8, much appreciated.
As for the side fan on the 1200, I have been told to use as another exhaust fan to see any difference in temps
Thanks again for the advice

Mon May 04, 2009 9:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]