Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
The BBBB is here! PC Gaming for £315 Exclusive to X404.co.uk 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I agree with forquare, it should be moved back methinks. This is not a private sale...

Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:46 pm
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Doh! Someone else will have to move it back. I don't have the power.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:03 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Thread moved back

I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:01 am
Profile WWW
Doesn't have much of a life

l3v1ck wrote:
Forum Rules wrote:
9. Private selling is only allowed in the Classifieds Forums and is undertaken in accordance with the classified forum rules & at your own risk.

This thread is moved.

Are you having a laugh Lev or did I piss you off in another post (as I trawl through my previous desperate to find an answer)...? :?

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:51 am
Has a life

well i gave it my best shot and connected up everything as best as i could but when i went to switch it on....nothing is happening ??...think i am lost now so will need some pro help unless anyone here can help ....thanks

Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:55 am

blackboab wrote:
well i gave it my best shot and connected up everything as best as i could but when i went to switch it on....nothing is happening ??...think i am lost now so will need some pro help unless anyone here can help ....thanks

Have you connected both the 24pin main power connector and seperate 4pin +12V connector to your motherboard? also double check the front panel wires are on the correct pins on the motherboard.

Can you post an internal picture of your build?

Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:26 am
Has a life

yes i have both in ( i think) the 4 pin is between the power supply and the processer, is that right ?..having trouble getting the graphics card in properly but i think everthing else is ok...thanks for replying....will try and get some pictures up asap...

Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:09 pm

blackboab wrote:
yes i have both in ( i think) the 4 pin is between the power supply and the processer, is that right ?..having trouble getting the graphics card in properly but i think everthing else is ok...thanks for replying....will try and get some pictures up asap...

check -

O yeah, and make sure you use all of the 24pin connector on the 24pin power socket on the MB as the last 4 tend to be detachable for the old 20pin boards.

Edit - dont forget to check the 240V power lead to the PSU, it's caught a few people out in the past (blown fuse etc).

What do you mean by problems fitting the GPU?

Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:56 pm
Has a life

graphic card is very tight...it clips in but the other end doesnt seem to be in properly...will fix it ...i think i havent got the front connectors...didnt think they would be so small and arkward !!!...the power cables seem to be right....checked the power cable and its not that.....thanks for all your help...going to wales for weekend but will check back on mobile ,thanks

Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:47 pm
Has a life

just to clarify....i do have front connectors...just dont think i have done it right...

Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:49 pm
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Geiseric wrote:
Are you having a laugh Lev or did I piss you off in another post (as I trawl through my previous desperate to find an answer)...? :?

I'm very sorry. I can't have read teh thread right or must have had my mind on other things when I read it. I shouldn't have moved it in the first place. :oops:

Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Has a life

well i have had to admit defeat and take it to a pc repair shop....i think it is either a faulty power supply or i have damaged the motherboard...getting nothing when i switch it on, it isnt the cable from the socket so cant spend any more time on it....shame but should have known better i suppose...thanks for your help geiseric...will be great system if i ever get it working :?

Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:43 pm
Has a life

got it fixed...it was the power cable to the motherboard wasnt connected and the motherboard wasnt mounted properly so you live and you learn :)....

Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:36 pm

blackboab wrote:
got it fixed...it was the power cable to the motherboard wasnt connected and the motherboard wasnt mounted properly so you live and you learn :)....

glad you got it sorted blackboab, you live and learn.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:01 pm
Has a life

Thank you very much for this post Geiseric....

I am looking for the smallest PC Case I can find that will fit these BBBB parts so can you help me find one please?

Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next